PeopleTec is currently seeking a Cyberspace Response Assessment Instructor to support our Ft. Gordon, GA location.
The Army recently established the Cyber School under the CCoE to train the new Cyber Branch/Career Field 17, which includes courses for MOS 17A, 170A, and 17C. Army Cyber School training includes Career Field 17's (Cyber Operations) Basic Officer Leader Course (BOLC), Captain's Career Course (CCC), Operations Officer Course (OOC), Advanced Individual Training (AIT), Advanced Leader Course (ALC), Senior Leader Course (SLC), Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC), Warrant Officer Advanced Course (WOAC), and other Cyberspace Operations courses as determined by the Army Cyber Commandant. The majority of these courses consist of technical cyber training validated by USCYBERCOM J7, DoD CIO, and the NSA. The candidate shall provide instructional support and training development for the Cyber School. Personnel supporting the school shall assist and support the CCoE personnel and shall utilize and develop all training related products IAW all applicable regulations and SOPs (i.e. TRADOC REG 350-70 with appendixes). Instructors will facilitate adult learning through modern training techniques and methodologies and assist in developing Cyberspace Operations (CO) curriculum. The Cyber Common Technical Core (CCTC) course embraces the adult learning concept by creating an environment that is approximately 80% hands-on and 20% knowledge-based instruction. Instructors are required to conduct the following: Assess Cyberspace Related Risk; Integrate Intelligence into Cyberspace Operations; Employ Cyberspace Defense, Detect Indicators of Compromise, Unknown Vulnerabilities, or Anomalous Behavior; Perform Incident Response; Provide Cyber-Threat Indications and Warnings; Provide a Critical Asset Vulnerability Assessment; Implement Defensive Cyberspace Operations - Response Actions; Perform Cyberspace Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Activities; Perform Cyberspace Operational Preparation of the Environment; Perform Cyberspace Attack Operations Orders.
- Must have networking expertise and experience equivalent to the CCIE- R&S or JNCIE-SP level.
- Must understand networking from both the theoretical & practical perspectives.
- Must be comfortable with reading and understanding Requests for Comment (RFC).
- Must be comfortable with taking an RFC for a networking protocol and creating a compliant implementation from scratch.
- Must be proficient in Python or Ruby.
- Must have experience in Software Defined Networking (SDN), including installation, operations, maintenance of a variety of SDN controllers (OpenDaylight, Open Contrail, etc).
- Should be familiar with control plane protocols like OpenFlow.
- Must have experience in instructing the following topics: Possess skills/knowledge of performing office automation work that includes word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheets, presentations, and other personal computer applications; Typing a variety of materials from rough draft into final form including narrative and tabular material, e.g., correspondence, reports, and forms; Maintaining records, historical records, survey results, reference library of training catalogs, regulations and other miscellaneous publications; Establishing and maintaining office functional files and reference files; Knowledge management applications, e.g., SharePoint, Army training requirements and resources system (ATRRS), and Blackboard.
- Travel: 25%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Top Secret /SCI clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree and twelve years or more of related experience or a completed Master's Degree and ten years or more of related experience. Preferred degrees included Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems.
- Experience teaching technical computing concepts at the institutional and/or collegiate level.
- Experience contributing in the open source community. Examples include - published tools, reports, publications, repositories, etc.
- Hands on technical experience installing, operating, and maintaining systems.
- Hands on experience building, managing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and securing enterprise level networks.
- Network Project Management experience.
- Experience securing enterprise level network.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.