Calling all animal lovers! Heaven Sent Pet Care, a professional dog walking company (serving Evanston, Wilmette, and Kenilworth) is currently looking for dynamic, caring, and trustworthy pet lovers to join our expanding team. If you love to spend time outdoors, are a self-starter, and are able to work independently and manage a changing schedule, this may be the job for you!
We are now hiring for a part-time DAILY DOG WALKER. The ideal candidate will have consistent availability between 10am-3pm Monday through Friday. We offer flexible ongoing part-time positions that work well as supplemental income -- this is a great position for freelancers!
How We Work:=
Our "Daily Dog" walking services are typically performed Monday through Friday between between the hours of 10am-4pm. (Our busiest time frame is between 11am-3pm).
The rate walkers are paid ranges between $6.92-$8.50 per 25-minute visit (equivalent averages to around $13.84-$16 per hour).
- Days of the week -- We are looking for walkers who have some consistent availability Monday-Friday.
- Hours -- We are most interested in candidates who are available during our busiest time frame of 11am-3pm. It is our preference that second jobs/classes do not conflict with this time frame.
- # of visits -- We work with our walkers to find a time frame and number of visits that works for them and their schedule. Typically, we will start out walkers with a shorter route and build up the route as we are able and as the walker is comfortable. Most of our current walkers complete between 4-8 visits daily.
We provide a professional work environment. This is a supported position and we are office staffed from 8am-4pm Monday through Friday for any questions or help a walker might need. We also have emergency contacts for walkers, if an issue arises after business hours.
Consistent and Predictable work:
Unlike with dog-walking applications, from week to week you have the same group of dogs to work with and you can count on how much work you will have.
Is this a good fit for you?
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are organized, dependable, trustworthy, timely, and professional.
- Have great customer service and communication skills.
- Are team players who can handle last-minute changes and requests from clients.
- Are able to work independently and responsibly.
- Enjoy being outside in all four seasons and the weather that comes with them! (Rain, snow, heat, cold, wind...)
- Are interested in at least a six-month commitment with us. Our clients and their animals get attached to their walkers!
- Love Animals! You don't have to have any animal work experience, but we find it is helpful if you have at least had pets of your own before.
- Background & References: You need to be at least 21 years old, able to pass a background/criminal check, and have at least 3 references.
- Physical Requirements: You need to have excellent dog-handling skills and intuition to walk and control dogs of all sizes and breeds. You also need to handle the activity level of walking dogs for 2-6 hours per day (you choose the amount).
- Supplies & Equipment: You need to have: (1) a reliable insured automobile and a valid driver's license (2) a computer with access to the internet, (3) a printer, (4) a smartphone (preferably with a data plan or texting).
- Location: We do not reimburse walkers for their commute, so we are most interested in candidates who live in or near one of our service areas (Wilmette, Evanston, or Kenilworth).
Interested in applying? Please reply to this posting and tell us a little about yourself!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Heaven Sent Pet Care was founded by Susan Forte in 1999. After practicing corporate law in a large Washington, D.C. law firm for 6 years, Susan took over her family's Philadelphia mail-order business and grew it into a highly profitable, productive entity as well as a really fun and nurturing place to work. Ironically, that is where she discovered the pet-sitting industry---while researching pet related products for a new catalog.
Susan had two life dreams since she was a child: to have her own business, and to work with animals. Heaven Sent Pet Care married the two. Helping to create and build Heaven Sent has truly been one of the most rewarding, challenging, and exciting ventures she has ever been a part of in her entire life. The pets, their families, and the pet care specialists she has gotten to know over the years have all been absolutely wonderful. Since 1999, her Heaven Sent business embodies her mission to serve pets, parents, her Walkers and Sitters, and the community with excellence and integrity.
Find out more about our company and staff at www.heavensentpetcare.com!