CLINICAL DATA ABSTRACTOR - Phoenix - Abrazo Medical Group
Abrazo Medical Group (AMG) is a rapidly growing organization that focuses on creating happier, healthier communities. You can become a member of an exciting care team that includes board certified Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants Certified Medical Assistants and Nurses. Our care teams are progressive and caring, and put patients first! AMG is seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals to join our growing family. We provide all of our team members with the resources, tools and support, to serve our patients in the best way possible way. AMG has offices throughout the greater Scottsdale and Phoenix area. Join our team of compassionate healthcare professionals today!
Supports clinical performance through abstraction, review, and reporting of medical record clinical documentation and billing assessment, to support initiatives related to quality improvement, accreditation, and regulatory requirements.
- Abstract moderate to highly complex clinical data using established definitions and guidelines and maintain an abstracting volume to meet internal and external reporting deadlines.
- Perform clinical review of a medical record and summarize the findings to facilitate additional review.
- Reviews patient non-compliance lists and conducts outreach to ensure timely disease specific and wellness visits.
- Collects and tracks monthly, quarterly and annual process improvement measures.
- Provides education to medical staff members and hospital staff as appropriate to enhance performance and documentation.
Minimum of an associate s degree or equivalent combination of education and work related healthcare field, claims or health care data analysis, healthcare information management .
Medical Assistant Experience: Preferred
Required: 2 years of healthcare experience
Prior experience in claims or healthcare data analysis, health information management or clinical data review.
Preferred: Prior experience with clinical chart review and abstraction.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.