Data Acquisition - Lead
The Targeting Data Acquisition Lead will be responsible for data acquisition efforts for Experian's Marketing Services business, which is a leader in consumer marketing data serving clients including brand marketers, agencies, media sellers, and digital platforms. Data is our most critical asset and we are constantly evaluating new sources of data that would add value to our products. The Data Acquisition Lead will develop, manage and optimize data acquisition relationships. The position requires working with a diverse set of potential data partners including data aggregators, digital data and advertising technology companies, niche data providers, public sources and more. The role will also collaborate extensively with internal organizations including data management, data governance, product management, sales, and procurement.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Identifying and evaluate potential new data partners to expand, enhance and improve Experian's existing data set
- Working across strategy and product teams to understand data needs
- Ensure data acquisition efforts are aligned with Targeting Business' strategy and supports the Innovation team in creating new products
- Assessing and facilitating the testing of new data assets
- Negotiating and acquiring new data
- Executing data licensing agreements
- Managing complex partner relationships
- Driving cost management initiatives
- Providing guidance on leveraging and monetizing data assets within Targeting and across the organization
- Engages with internal stakeholders to determine data requirements and value of data/ROI
- Work with Global Sourcing to execute RFPs and Data Licensing agreements/other with partners/vendors.
- Engage with legal and privacy teams to review data assets and proposed uses of data to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Monitor data vendors on an on-going basis to ensure compliance with data/privacy regulations.
- Manage contract schedules of data source providers to be proactive in renegotiating renewals or rebidding business
Bachelors degree required.
5+ years of experience in consumer data acquisition/partnerships
10+ years in the Marketing industry
Knowledge / Skills
- Advanced knowledge of the direct/digital marketing industry.
- Extensive knowledge of offline and online data assets and providers in marketing industry
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state legislation as it relates to the Direct Marketing business and and Privacy regs. Good understanding of CCPA and obligations on data collectors
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent reasoning and decision analysis skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced experience working with consumer data products, either in acquisition, development or evaluation
- Experience negotiating complex partner agreements and managing ongoing partner relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in vendor management, RFPs, and contract negotiations
- Ability to communicate to internal and external stakeholders the value of data
- Fluent in data and data regulatory landscape