Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-Wests largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Data Analyst in the Finance department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Data Analyst? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Senior VP of Analytics you will be responsible for employing advanced analytical techniques to create and drive adoption of data-based products and processes to add business value to all aspects of the Art Van business.
This person will use data analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, statistics, visualization, and other data science techniques to derive actionable insights. They will leverage domain expertise and communication skills to identify data-based solutions to internal business partners needs, and present and explain technical findings to non-technical audiences to promote data-driven decision making. They will create analytical processes and models for automated reporting and machine driven decision making. Specific duties include:
- Apply data analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, statistics, visualization, and other data science techniques to derive actionable insights.
- Apply data cleansing and data mining best practices to extract, load, model, and stage large amounts of data across multiple system platforms (e.g., Salesforce, AS400, sql server, Azure data warehouse, snowflake, etc.) and external sources
- Present models and dashboards to business customers and executives.
- Present and explain technical findings to non-technical audiences to promote data-driven decision making.
- Drive data strategy and align it with continuously changing business landscape.
- Providing on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Asses data quality and create data transformations, collaborate to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected with the business.
- Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment and outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project
- Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization
- Authority as detailed in the Companys Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS).
The position requires:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, statistics, economics, data science, or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Masters preferred.
- 2 years of working experience in data-centric projects with at least one year experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Ability to write complex queries, conduct data cleansing, ensure data quality, and data enrichment.
- Familiarity with furniture and/or retail domain is preferable
- Experience with Product Information Management systems is preferable
- Solid experience working with Python, SQL, and/or R
- Create data models, transform data, create statistical models
- Familiarity and experience with cloud computing, especially with Azure cloud platform and tech stack, Snowflake data warehouse, etc.
- Strong expertise in reporting and data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Microstrategy, etc.,
- Demonstrated skills in manipulation and data mining / pattern recognition of large structured and unstructured data sets
- Interpret results and communicate them to technical and non-technical audiences, cross-functional teams and executive leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Executes assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and documentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with consistency and accuracy.
- Natural problem-solver.
- Self-motivated, organized, team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly effective at working independently and with multiple teams simultaneously.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com.
Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.