Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Data Analyst to work in Fidelity Charitable in Durham, NC. The role involves facilitating requirement sessions with business partners, articulating business requirements into Agile/Scrum story format, and working within the technology organization to deliver and validate new features/functionality.
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Mathematics or Finance related field
- Data Analysis skills, with a proven track record of delivery of complex technology projects
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management, and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with business and technical team members across the organization
- Experience with Jira desirable
- Ability to read/analyze code and logs for defect/incident triage and root cause analysis
- Ability to understand the technology and software architecture of an application
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt and strive to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- You have demonstrable experience in requirements gathering, preparing data transformation rules and strong SQL skills.
The Skills You Bring:
- Data Mindset
- You have demonstrable expertise in multiple data-related technical skillsets such as data modeling, SQL, PL/SQL, data movement design and data profiling
- Familiar with data modeling
- Familiar with Unix Scripting
- Extensive experience with relational databases (Oracle preferred) and familiar with Big Data NoSQL databases/technologies (Hive, Spark, MongoDB)
- Expert knowledge and experience of taking complex features and breaking them into clear and concise stories with well-defined business value and acceptance criteria
- Ability to establish and maintain trusted relationships with business partners and technology
- Comfortable having trade off conversations with business partners
- Work in a dynamic and exciting agile environment with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and team members to develop creative data-driven solutions
- Participate in the evaluation of business requirements
- Demonstrate open minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions
- Analyze data and technical system problems to design and implement effective, flexible solutions
- Work with data engineers on development efforts including designing, coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Assist in data management work you're doing such as business need analysis, data source identification and analysis and data modeling techniques
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
The Value You Deliver: Own the requirement's gathering of new features and/or improvements for our institutional financial services portal; Collaborate with technology and business teams to deliver high-quality solutions for business problems; Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the “why” and the “value” of new features/improvements to the platform; Contribute to enhancing systems analysis practices across a global team; Mentor junior systems analysts when opportunities arise; Work on multiple projects concurrently; Monitor documentation standards and standard methodologies.
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in crafting and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and expansive work environment where we respect and value our associates for their outstanding perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FTSJobs.com.