For over 50 years, the HealthDirect team has been dedicated to the unique pharmacy needs of individuals residing in Long-Term Care (LTC) facilities such as nursing homes and assisted living facilities, as well as correctional facilities and group homes.”. On a daily basis our team provides prescription medications, over-the-counter products, clinical consulting services, and specialty pharmacy services to more than 50,000 residents.
HealthDirect is a division of KPH Healthcare Services, a billion dollar, 100% employee owned provider of pharmaceutical and healthcare services. KPH is comprised of four divisions – Kinney Drugs, ProAct Inc., HealthDirect and Noble Health Services. The family of KPH Healthcare Services began with Kinney Drugs retail in 1903. All KPH family company values stem from Kinney’s long-standing commitment to trust and community-minded health solutions.
As a team, HealthDirect has achieved significant growth. Over the past 6 years we have grown from four pharmacies in two states to 20 pharmacies across eight states. Our team has grown to over 900 employees and we are looking to add another – possibly you!
Scope of Responsibilities: The candidate will collect, monitor and study business data to create custom reports that help control costs, identify process slowdowns and ensure compliance with industry standards. In addition, the candidate will look at existing business processes and make specific recommendations about what data needs tracking and how it can be used to improve operations.
Job Summary: Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. They will utilize data elements to perform complex analysis in support of the management and sales teams with in HealthDirect.
- Gather and input all monthly pharmacy financial numbers into HealthDirect monthly margin report. Then review, analyze and evaluate the data to provide a monthly summary to management.
- Responsible for maintaining and setup of all pharmacy pricing and price tables.
- Gather transportation data for all pharmacy locations and provide a monthly report with analysis.
- Maintain monthly accounts receivable dashboards.
- Identify different types of data that need tracking to improve business performance.
- Generate easy-to-interpret reports based on collected data.
- Use statistical methods to identify areas for operational improvement and make suggestions for streamlining processes.
- Compare actual to budgeted results of each reporting period, and report on significant variances.
- Provide and analyze dashboard reporting regarding overall business performance.
- Audits for procedure compliance and profitability.
- Support sales and marketing team by producing price proposals analysis.
- Track all facility contract profit margins, and report on any significant variances.
- Provide pricing change opportunities to implement when contracts expire.
- Perform general secretarial and office duties including typing, filing, faxing, photocopying and mailing; including maintenance of organization’s contract library
- Responsible for completing all mandatory and regulatory training programs
- Performs special projects and analysis as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be available, and on-time for scheduled work shifts
- BA in Accounting required
- Minimum of 2-5 Years accounting and finance experience
- In-depth knowledge of accepted accounting principles
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal background check and/or drug test
- Initial and continuous exclusion and sanction/disciplinary monitoring
- HIPAA Privacy Course
- HIPAA Security Course
Job Skills Required:
- Strong analytical skills
- Requires mathematical accuracy, attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and expertise in Excel
Management Skills Required:
- Customer Service: Must provide timely and accurate responses to all business associates and customers
- Planning: Must develop effective plans, objectives and goals that achieve desired results in a timely manner
- Organization: Must organize work in a systematic way, establish clear lines of responsibility, and delegate effectively
- Communication: Must write and speak clearly and effectively at all levels, listen and be attentive to others
- Decision Making: Gather, analyze data and make and/or implement effective decisions in a timely manner
- Technology: Must use technology to its fullest potential to achieve department and corporate goals
Leadership Skills Required:
- Leadership: Gains acceptance of ideas and accomplishes goals through subordinates, peers and teams
- Personnel Development: Selects, trains, coaches and develops associates and teams for peak performance
- Team Work: Must strengthen team performance by sharing information, establishing guidelines and celebrating success
- Empowerment: Demonstrates positive and active ownership of one’s responsibilities and fosters the same in others
- Employee Relations: Provides and solicits constructive feedback, evaluates performance and takes corrective action
Behavioral Traits Required:
- Cooperation: Must work harmoniously and effectively with fellow employees, supervisors and others
- Initiative: Must work within supervision guidelines and assume additional responsibilities
- Flexibility: Must be willing to work variable work schedules, assist others as requested and available, and be willing to perform all assigned work
- Adaptability: Must respond to new situations in a positive way, accept change, support new ideas, master new routines and grasp explanations, apply current knowledge in new environments and experiences
- Involvement: Must enjoy the demands of the job and work with interest and enthusiasm
- Customer Service: Must provide appropriate customer service (for customers, fellow employees and business partners), listen attentively to their needs and respond appropriately
- Safety: Must take care of equipment and employ good safety habits
- Leadership: Must gain acceptance of ideas and accomplish goals through subordinates, peers and teams