Big Data Analyst/ Engineer Intern
Please do not apply for this position if you are still in school & did NOT graduate
The analyst will aid in the ongoing assessment of our systems. The results of the analysis will drive further developments and capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain, join, scrub, explore, model, and interpret large datasets
- Transform and manipulate the large dataset to suit the desired analysis
- Create and present clear oral and written reports on the findings
- Become an expert on Big data
- BS or MS Degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience working with SQL and Data structures
- Knowledge or experience performing data analysis and interpreting results
- Good in any one of the languages - Java, R, or python, Matlab, SQL for data analysis
- Conceptual understanding of and/or prior experiences related to data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in the field of entity resolution, analytics, data mining or name matching.
- Knowledge or experience with data wrangling, cleansing, and analytics
We do sponsor Visa’s for International students
Data Analyst (General)