Data Analyst I
The Medical Practice Evaluation Center (MPEC) is seeking a clinical research Data Analyst to join our research team. The position is with an internationally recognized multidisciplinary team from Massachusetts General Hospital dedicated to improving clinical outcomes, increasing value in health policy, and informing global public health through innovative research, collaboration, and education.
The Data Analyst will work with investigators in the Outcomes and Implementation Science Program to analyze and evaluate interventions to improve health outcomes in the United States and international settings. Examples of active projects in the Outcomes and Implementation Science Program projects include:
- Evaluating the impact of a Department of Health policy to promote community delivery of HIV treatments in South Africa
- Measuring the pathophysiologic and social contributions of HIV on aging, cardiovascular disease, mortality and quality of life in Uganda and South Africa
- A multinational randomized clinical trial to evaluate the benefit of HIV drug resistance testing on treatment outcomes and quality of life in sub-Saharan Africa
- Investigating the role of maternal HIV infection and co-infection with early childhood infections
- Studying low-barrier service delivery mechanisms for sexually transmitted infection screening and prevention out of the MGH Sexual Health Clinic and in partnership with community organizations in the Boston area
- A pilot project to offer HIV prevention and family planning to young women in community venues in South Africa
- Analysis of hospital, statewide, and national datasets to elucidate clinical outcomes of COVID-19 disease and the efficacy of social distancing regulations on epidemic transmission
The candidate should be highly motivated with experience in quantitative methods and public health research. The candidate should have solid foundation in biostatistics and statistical programming. Primary responsibilities of this individual will be to collaborate with clinical investigators and faculty biostatisticians to implement statistical analyses, support abstract presentation and manuscript preparation, and assist in the preparation of grant proposals. There are multiple possibilities for engagement and mentorship with other researchers in Boston, national and international research groups and institutions, and the broader Biostatistics community at MGH through an affiliate membership in the MGH Biostatistics Center.
Interested candidates should apply via www.massgeneral.org/careers .
The Medical Practice Evaluation Center is posting two separate data analyst positions. Please see Job ID# (3129496) andif you would like to be considered for both roles, you may note this in your cover letter.
For more information regarding our group, please visit http://mpec.massgeneral.org/.
Specific duties for the Data Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support data analysis for projects including clinical trials, observational cohort studies, implementation science programs, and medical record-based cohorts
- Work with investigators to develop and test hypotheses, construct analytic datasets, and design appropriate statistical analyses
- Work with investigators to develop programs to enhance data quality control in active studies
- Perform literature reviews of the relevant statistical methods used in data analyses
- Support development and generation of reports on study progress, including reports for the Principal Investigator and data and safety monitoring boards
- Assist in manuscript preparationand review
- Attend team meetings within MPEC
- Master’sdegree in Biostatistics or Statistics, with a strong background anddemonstrated ability in quantitative analysis and statistics
- Atleast 6 months of experience preparing and analyzing data from clinical studies,which might be gained from coursework
- Facilitywith SAS and/or R required; experience in Python a strength
- Experienceand fluency with biostatistical methods including data summaries, multiple regressionmodeling and diagnostics, and survival analysis required
- Capacityto manipulate and organize large amounts of data
- Excellentoral and written communication skills
- Organization,efficiency, and attention to detail
- Abilityto work both independently and as part of a team and to collaborate with teammembers located remotely
- Proficiencywith standard office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well asInternet applications) and the ability to learn new computer applications
- Abilityto handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures
- Ability to independently identify necessary improvements andmodification to tasks to achieve a larger aim
- Previouspublichealth or international healthcare research experience preferred
Thisdescription has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of workperformed by an employee within this position. The actual duties,responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on need.
Duties will be carried out in a typicaloffice environment (can be performed remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic).Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Massachusetts General Hospital is anEqual Opportunity Employer actively committed to increasing the diversity ofour faculty and staff. Women and members of underrepresented minority groupsare therefore strongly encouraged to apply.
Primary Location MA-Boston-MGH Main Campus
MGH Main Campus (MGHMAIN)
55 Fruit Street