Atlas Executive Consulting, LLC (Atlas), has an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst supporting the internal business operations team. This role will be responsible for analyzing processes, then designing, coding, and documenting reports, queries and dashboards to support the goals of the process owners. Flexibility in working with various departments is essential. If you are interested in working in a challenging and dynamic environment, this position will be perfect for you!
- Develop databases, data collection systems, data analytics processes and other strategies that optimize efficiency and data quality of departments.
- Analyze confidential information according to guidelines.
- Manage and design the Atlas reporting environment, including data sources and security infrastructure.
- Design and implement a new data warehouse within Azure SQL.
- Troubleshoot reports and data warehouse environments to address reporting discrepancies.
- Train end users on how to use new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Gather and document business user requirements and design effective reporting solutions.
- Develop and maintain dashboards using PowerBI and/or Tableau.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches and best practices and standards within dashboard development and BI reporting.
- Perform ad-hoc queries in a variety of systems and tools.
- Respond to quick-turn-around requests for data and information.
- Work to resolve issues independently or escalate as appropriate.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or related degree.
- 1-2 years of work experience as a data analyst or related field.
- Extensive experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience designing and building reports, including visuals, with one of the following BI tools: Power BI, Tableau.
- Proficiency in MS Excel (e.g., functions, pivots, macros); experience with Power Query or Power Pivot.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills, and the self-motivation to improve skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- SQL or related programming certification preferred.
- Experience with AzureSQL.
* Ability to obtain a DoD Government Security Clearance is mandatory for this position*
Atlas, www.atlasexecutive.com, is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in business management consulting to the Department of Defense and other Federal Agencies. Atlas was recently named one of Consulting Magazines 2017 seven Small Jewels, highlighting the growth and innovation the firm brings to market. In 2016, Atlas was named the #1 best midsize business to work for in San Diego and is considered one of the fastest growing businesses in South Carolina by the SC business news.
Atlas is an EEO/AA/Disability/VETS Employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Atlas will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters. Nor will Atlas require, in a posting or otherwise, U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency in the U.S. as a condition of employment except as necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract.