The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to renowned universities to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites. And Meraki's hardware organization is responsible for building the physical devices that get people online.
As a Data Analyst, you will be a key partner in Meraki’s analytics ecosystem, responsible for conducting data-driven analyses that drive key decisions for Meraki's internal operations teams. Put simply: there are a lot of important questions we haven't answered yet, and we're looking for help in answering them. As part of this role, you will develop relationships across Meraki's teams such as support, operations, business operations, and product.
Ideal candidates will have superb communication skills, an analytical mindset, excellent organizational skills, and a bias to action. You don't wait for change - you embody the change you want to see in the world!
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our employees. We place high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and encouraging workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
EXAMPLE PROJECTS OF A DATA ANALYST:
- Analyze failure rate trends over time of our manufacturing partners. Normalizing for different products and product complexity, are failure rates decreasing? Are any of our partners better than others?
- Investigate whether we can identify a correlation between hardware unit failure rates and any of our tracked metrics. Can we predict hardware failures and prevent them?
- Analyze the behavior of customers on the Meraki dashboard. Be able to describe the customer's experience when using our products.
- Administer a tag management platform and ensure clean, actionable data is flowing into Meraki's data infrastructure.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, business, finance, or a technical (STEM) field
- Skilled at spreadsheets/Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with data visualization (charting data)
- Familiarity with basic statistical concepts (e.g. correlation, causation, regression analysis)
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
INTERN PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
Meraki interns join the team for a 12-week program and are placed directly onto subteams. During the program, interns have the opportunity to work on a various projects, such as integration and implementation of new tools. Projects are cross functional, which allow insight into new languages and technologies, help encourage professional growth within engineering, strategy, and support, and allow a sense of ownership within the team.
Meraki’s teams place a high emphasis on mentorship. Each intern is matched 1:1 with a mentor who provides continual feedback and guidance throughout the duration of the program. Mentors help with introductions to other team members, overviews of tools and processes, and provide a seamless integration into Meraki life.
- Housing Assistance in San Francisco for duration of program
- Competitive salary
- Weekly social events inside and outside of the office (Giants games, Exploratorium tickets, friendly soccer games)
- Lunch and dinner daily
- Customized laptop and desk setups
- Medical coverage plan
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.