It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Manages day to day activities of the data group, ensuring quality and timeliness of data quality control and reporting. Is responsible for coaching of direct reports, resolving issues and acts as a link between data analysts and all levels of management. Responsible for overseeing and maintaining data pipelines for specific products/projects as directed by Product Manager. Assists with long-term planning, project management and troubleshooting on a local and global level.
Essential Skills, Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with supervision of data analyst supervisors and data analysts. Manage day to day activities, ensure employees perform assigned tasks in a timely manner and have the resources required to perform assigned duties
• Decision maker regarding data management for specific products or projects as directed and in association with Product manager
• Assume a leadership role in group planning and maintenance meetings.
• Assist in the development of data pipelines for new products and services
• Assist with development of efficiencies for longer term growth of the data group
• Assist with global operations in ensuring that the protocols and processes are unified across all satellite labs
• Schedule at least monthly a formal one-on-one with all direct reports
• Perform all scheduled reviews for all direct reports as required
• Encourages participation in the Career Path program for all direct reports
• Maintain workflow, structure, workloads and collaboration within the Data group
• Direct involvement with hiring process for new personnel within the respective group and in some cases may be considered the hiring manager
• Assist with training of new staff to manage workload and performance.
• Work with lab operations to facilitate data transmittal to customers via LIMS or other databases
• Work with various groups for data reformats/structures in order for further analysis with software
• Responsible for the training and ISO certification of all data analysts
• Maintains an advanced knowledge of genotyping analysis including identification of quality issues or when troubleshooting is required
• Proficiency in designing and providing input to the laboratory technicians as they perform their daily tasks.
• Gains an understanding of the customer needs from the Data Management Manager to manage daily workload and delivery of data according to turn around time and formatting obligations
• Communicates with vendors and service technicians as needed
• Works within budgeted expenses and maintains a constant focus on cost reduction
• Maintains appropriate documentation, archives, catalog of studies
• Interacts routinely with all levels of management and co-workers in an effective and respectful manner
• Meets individual and departmental goals and objectives
• Works with Quality manager and supports ISO procedures including development, documentation and execution
• Attendance and participation in required Supervisor training sessions
• Other duties as assigned by Manager
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in genetics, molecular biology, biology, bioinformatics or related field.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions form groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word - Word Processing software; programs or programming languages that can manipulate large data sets as well as network and browser applications.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision
Come Be Part Of A Mission that Matters!
From inside the farm gate to our dinner plates, Neogen protects the world’s food supply. Through a variety of animal healthcare products, to food safety solutions for dangerous bacteria, allergens, toxins, drug residues and much more, Neogen is there — and you can be too.