Roles and Responsibilities
- Create data models and xml schemas at all levels including conceptual, logical, and physical for both relational and dimensional solutions. Models will include objects, entities, attributes, their inter-relationships and dependencies in 3N and/or dimensional formats.
- Integrate disparate data models into coherent enterprise data models.
- Forward engineer physical models to create DDL scripts to implement new databases or database changes. Reverse engineer databases and synchronize data models with actual data implementations.
- Create data dictionaries and business glossaries to document data lineages, data definitions and metadata for all business-critical data domains.
- Identify and reconcile inconsistencies in data definitions, e.g., synonyms and homonyms.
- Work to identify master data (entities and attributes) and capture how data is interpreted by users in various parts of the organization.
- Capture business rules that govern how data is transformed, integrated, and used.
- Develop canonical models and data transformation rules using XML
- Broad understanding of Data Architecture and Data Management approaches and implementation methodologies
- Ability to work with business as well as IT stakeholders
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience designing large scale data models for functional, operational and analytical environments
- Demonstrated experience in Conceptual, Logical, Physical and Dimensional Modeling
- Hands-on experience with data modeling tools
- Knowledge of BI tools, such as Power BI, Tableau
- Experience with Agile/Scrum is valuable
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a team environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- 5+ years of experience as Data Modeler/Data Architect creating data models and working in Data Architecture and Data Management solutions