HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If youre ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for collaborating with technology and infrastructure teams to identify data relationships and functional requirements in support of strategic goals for data management. Analyzes and resolves issues related to information flow and content. Provides expertise around business intelligence, data modeling, infrastructure enhancement, and architecture for data generation.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Designs and implements data solutions and models to store and retrieve company data. Assesses implementation procedures to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations. Defines, designs, and oversees the systems and applications architecture for both current and future business applications.
- Partners with information technology to ensure that applications meet business requirements, are documented, and have processes in place for ongoing support and maintenance.
- Examines and identifies structural data necessities by evaluating operations, applications, and programming of data systems. Installs and organizes information systems.
- Evaluates new and emerging technologies and development methodologies to find faster, cost effective, and reliable solutions for existing and proposed systems. Recommends solutions to improve new and existing data systems. Oversees the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitors system performance by testing, troubleshooting, and integrating new features. Maintains data security and creates standards to ensure system safety.
- Offers data support by responding to system problems. Educates staff members through training and individual support.
- Prepares data design and architecture reports.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Masters /Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, technical science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of technical architecture and build experience with large-scale solutions.
- Experience extracting, cleaning, preparing, and modeling data.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- 6 months of experience in designing and optimizing data models on Microsoft Azure cloud using azure data stores such as RDS, SQL Data Warehouse
- Data engineering experience with native cloud technology into build data pipelines and converting legacy applications
- Knowledge of data formats JSON, XML, AVRO, Parquet and others.
- Programming experience with one of the following languages : Java, Python, Scala
- Knowledge or experience applying service patterns and utilizing technologies such as REST, HTTP, SOAP, WSDL, and Messaging.
- Experience working with NoSQL environments.