We provide services for large multinational corporations, medium sized firms, non-profit organizations, private equity firms and small startups, by managing their IT challenges and procuring the road to technological success. Suffice to say, we streamline our clients workflow and enhance their business effectiveness.
Position: Data Architect
Location: Irvine, CA
The Data Architect will assist with data mappings, data modeling, data profiling, query design, and data flow designs between multiple databases across multiples platforms.
- Establish standards, best practices and processes for the data architecture practice by working with stakeholders
- Facilitate group discussions to obtain business and technical requirements, clarify business rules for data design requirements
- Perform logical data modeling using both relational and dimensional modeling techniques as appropriate
- Design core database assets, Provide data architectural services and ensure consistent standardized solutions.
- Align with and collaborate in the refinement of data architecture team guidelines
- Determine proper Surrogate Key / ID management strategy
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into data solutions
- Thorough understanding of data architecture and data modeling concepts
- 5 + years of experience in data warehousing with designing multi-layered data warehouses and data marts using both relational and dimensional modeling techniques
- 5 + years of experience in integrating data both at logical & physical levels
- 5 + years of experience with Erwin and ModelMart or equivalent tool
- 8+ years working with multiple DBMS (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Teradata, etc)
- Experience using native SQL against relational databases
- Experience with OLTP design and star schemas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Visio)
- Strong consultative and presentation skills
- Assertive (yet diplomatic) personality and the ability to handle change
- Strong conceptualization skills
- Experience building ODS type solutions a plus
- Strong experience with data warehouse usability design and experience with internal BI tools
- Proven experience to elicit requirements and developing constructs in conceptual and logical data models to support business requirements
- Experience in several Surrogate Key / ID management strategies utilized in analytical environments
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment affecting data in a Health Care Services environment (e.g., HIPAA 5010)
- Experience with UHG or other healthcare systems and knowledge of claims, eligibility, care management, and providers
- Process modeling experience
- Understanding of Big Data paradigm and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Experience working in a virtual team environment over multiple locations, including off-shore
- Candidates need to work well in extended project teams with little oversight
- Prior experience with Master Data Management, Meta Data Management, and/or canonical modeling
*****VISA SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ******
WE SCREEN ALL RESUMES SUBMITTED. IF WE NEED MORE INFORMATION WE WILL CALL YOU, PLEASE DO NOT CALL FOR STATUS.