At REI Systems, we deliver solutions that make a difference and empower people. We are a 3-time Washington Post Top Workplace winner, placing on the 2018 list for fostering our fun and caring environment. REI Systems is looking for a great all-around Data Architect who will play a leadership role in providing technical solutions to the data warehousing, business intelligence and data analytics projects within our programs.
This position will play a pivotal role in supporting the enhancement, and development of a modern data analytics program. His/her responsibility is to provide technical solutions to the ever-growing needs of the customers in data management, warehousing and analytics areas. Manage customer-facing delivery projects in the agile delivery culture.
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
- Demonstrates technical expertise of leading data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data management and advanced analytics including projects.
- Demonstrates experience of architecting & design Azure and/or AWS based Big data analytics solution.
- Passionate about solving complex data architecture, data warehousing and advanced analytics problems.
- Conceptualizes viable technical solutions that meets customer objectives and project requirements within the cost and schedule constraints.
- Act as SME for customer-facing project delivery for business intelligence, data management, and data analytics projects aimed at government – Federal, State, and Local.
- Provide thought leadership for innovative data solutions to establish a standard industry language for analyzing new and emerging technologies.
- Support proposal development, new customer demos, and other pre-sales activities.
- Develop knowledge articles and other pieces of thought leadership to advance REI’s positioning.
- Works with and through both functional and technical project team members to deliver products in an agile manner.
- Work with team leaders and data analysts in resolving complex technical and operational issues.
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
*This position requires US Citizenship and work location is in Washington, DC
- Bachelor's degree in data analytics, business intelligence, computer science, economics, statistics, or mathematics is required.
- 8+ years of experience with Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Data Management, and Reporting
- 3+ years of experience in BI Tools like Tableau or MicroStrategy, Microsoft Azure and AWS technologies.
- 3+years of experience in Data Strategy, Data Governance and Dashboard development.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience