DATA ARCHITECT – TEMPORARY
4 month contract to start
Data Architect role supporting our DXT (digital transformation) for 50% of the time; regulatory for 25% of the time and open enrollment/readiness/growth programs for the remaining 25% of the time.
- Six years of direct experience as a Data Architect or Data Modeler with a strong data-centric background.
- Expertise designing and implementing Data Architectures, Modeling, Analysis and Profiling.
- Four or more years of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- Experience with relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices, Data Governance, Data Quality Management, Metadata Management, and Conceptual and Logical Data Design.
- Experience working in healthcare.
This position will plan, document, coordinate, architect, and lead all activities related to Enterprise Data Architecture and Data Warehousing. Continued adherence to standards, principles, and Data Governance guidelines as required to meet the needs of the organization’s business requirements. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining a data architecture blueprint for the organization. The Data Architect will work with business subject matter experts and IT groups to document data attributes, translate business requirements into technical requirements to ensure appropriate controls and verification for enterprise level data integrity. Core skills include database architecture, data modeling (relational, dimensional, and hierarchical).
- •Develop and maintain an Enterprise Data Model (EDM) to serve as both the strategic and tactical planning vehicles to manage the enterprise data warehouse. This effort involves working closely with business users.
- •Collaborate with IT teams to ensure quality and compliance by Enterprise Data Architecture. Participate in data analysis/design reviews and conduct walkthroughs at various stages during the development life cycle. This includes providing data modeling expertise with diagrams of both relational and dimensional modeling techniques.
- •Collaborate with the data warehouse team and the business partners in designing Data Marts.
- •Define the IT design methodology, develop process to quickly incorporate model changes, and adhere to data governance best practices. Emphasis on methodology, modeling, and governance.
- •Guide, educate, and mentor the Data Architecture Strategy directives, principles, & standards to individuals who play data-related roles (e.g. data analysts, ETL developers, report developers & systems analysts).
- •Establish and maintain data standards, policies and architectures.
- •Provide direction, guidance, and oversight for data quality controls.
- •Identify opportunities for standardizing data descriptions, integration and archiving, and elimination of unnecessary redundancy.
- •Capture and maintain metadata, creating business rules for the use of data.
- •Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Information Technology preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178