Apex Systems is looking for a Data Architect.
The Data Architect supports the comprehensive architecture, functionality, economics, and architecture compliance of the Enterprise data solution. This position works closely with the Enterprise Data and
Analytics Lead to bring data architecture principles that enables the overall data and analytics strategy. In addition, the position will work closely with Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects,
Application Architects, and key stakeholders to ensure the principles and strategic data architecture is being followed.
This role brings a holistic perspective of data architecture and data modeling with data asset management considerations. This position brings the skill in logical data modeling, physical data modeling, data
policies development, quality assurance, big data warehousing, data querying languages, tools and techniques that is best for addressing data storage, retrieval and management.
• Develops our Enterprise/FU policies on:
o Logical Data Models and Integration models
o Data Domains (templates for things such as passwords, addresses that makes integration easier with fields the same types and lengths)
o Data Storage / architecture principals (e.g. Data Masking, Testing etc)
o Addresses data security and privacy principles for the Enterprise
o Data Harmonization Approach for Enterprise applications
• MetaData/Lineage: Full map of what Data is in Enterprise data solutions (e.g. Hadoop (Data lake))
• Manage Data Inventory
70% Strategic Data Architecture
• Design the logical data architecture for the Enterprise
• Analyze and define enterprise master data management integration strategies and models.
• Translate requirements into long-term information architecture and data management solutions.
• Define and maintain best practice guidelines and standards for data dictionaries and mappings, data models, and metadata working with the Enterprise Data and Analytics Lead to ensure the governance processes are in place to sustain them.
• Lifecycle of data including retention models and achieval meeting RIM requirements.
• Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the assigned applications portfolio(s) including managing exceptions against the portfolio.
• Work across technology areas to identify and resolve complex and high-impact issues related to the inter-dependencies between systems on major projects.
• Provides subject matter expertise to design, develop, assess and implement complex architecture solutions (integrated process, applications, data and technology) for business problems in alignment with
the assigned applications Solution Architecture direction and standards.
15% Business Partnership
• Work with Business Partnering organization to advise on end to end solution feasibility at the ideation stage.
• Communicating the data architecture and benefits across the Enterprise
• Work to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process, data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
• Provide consultation and recommendations for business data needs, value chains, information integration, data quality rules, and data management requirements and/or interfaces during the design and
ongoing care of solutions.
• Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are
consistent with business goals and economic viability.
15% Data Innovation
• Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends, and utilizes this knowledge to educate Business/Functions, senior leaders, and other architects on opportunities to build better target data architectures
that support and drive business decisions.
• Drives improvement of architecture methodologies and services. Supports implementation, improvements, and proper utilization of architecture tools. Ensures the quality of architecture assets, and keeps
them up-to-date. Develops and maintains architecture metrics.
Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
• 10 years business experience with diverse strategy, operational, development, and technology roles
• 5 years experience in enterprise data modeling, meta-data modeling, database design, XML schema design and information architecture practices
• 3 years experience in Big Data technologies and modeling practices
• Experience as a full stack architect with experience in Big Data and knowledgeable of Data Models.
• Experience leading technology projects in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
• Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
• Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work effectively within a large organization that operates using matrix management structures
• Knowledge and ability to support: translation of business needs into data architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems, and estimation of the financial impact
of data architecture alternatives
• Demonstrated ability to work in a complex environment with often conflicting priorities
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 20%
• Business fluency in English
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178