Seeking experienced Data Center Tech for long term role located in downtown Chicago, IL or at site in Elk Grove Village, IL.
Basic responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Rack and stack network servers
- Running copper and fiber cables
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of server hardware/connectivity
- Commission and Decommission of Hardware
- Familiarity with Patch Panels
- Vendor Management
In Addition, the Data Center Engineer will:
- Execute the cabling and cable organization per Client DCO standards.
- Rack & Stack server and IT hardware in corporate Data Center.
- Responsible for server implementation, support and decommissioning within a secure raised-floor environment.
- Install support hardware for all devices to be installed into cabinets on raised floor.
- Place devices in cabinets according to instructions from internal hardware power & Placement team.
- Flexibility to work non-business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50lbs
- Willingness for occasional travel between other data center sites
- Be able to integrate well into a team, connect and collaborate effectively with the wider organization
- Understanding of information technology concepts in a working or academic environment
- Previous experience working in a complex high availability data center environment
- A strong working knowledge of data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy).
- Hands on expertise of midrange systems in large scale (100+ servers) environments- IBM, HP & Dell server hardware
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks interfaces through online ticketing system
- Ability to demonstrate effective team and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Expertise with day-to-day data center operation tasks, including rack/stack, understanding of switch/port configurations, server decommissioning
- Also experience with Data Center incident resolution, asset management, and logistics
- Critical thinking and decision making related to outage risk assessment
- Strong cable management skills and experience managing fiber & copper in a data center environment.
- Desired Skills:
- Technical writing and documentation skills are preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of physical IT infrastructure (server, SAN, networking)
- Understanding of network concepts (switching and routing, perimeter security)
- Understanding of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Unix, AIX, etc)
- General knowledge of storage systems
- Basic knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
$79,920 - $108,376 /year
Data Warehousing Specialist
Data Warehousing Specialist
What this is