The Person we are looking for:
- Enjoys Problem Solving: Simply liking problem solving alone won't keep you from getting worn out in this position. Often, we are called in when no one else can fix the issue. You have to love finding the solution when all eyes are on you.
- Has a Passion for Excellence: We push each other at Layer27. Not for the sake of it, we're all too busy for that. We push each other to make sure that we are forward thinking and understand the outcomes of our efforts. We aim to exceed customer expectations and that's not always an easy task.
- Cares about presentation: Often IT professionals only care about if something works - a 1 or 0. At Layer27, we care equally about the 'how' as much as the 'what'. Being able to articulate, present and pay close attention to details directly reflects on our team as a whole.
- Is Organized and Self Motivated: A major perk of being part of our team is the flexibility that it offers however it can also be very demanding. Being part of our team means that you can not only effectively prioritize multiple projects and their associated tasks but also push through to ensure that objectives are met.
- Has Strong Communication Skills: Understanding the series of tasks that needs to be completed is only half the battle. At Layer27 we interface directly with a wide range of titles within our customers. Being able to communicate the flow of work, dependencies and other associated risks at the correct level will be one of the keys to your success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work alongside customers to design, plan, implement, upgrade and migrate into new data center technologies in the areas of storage, virtualization and network engineering with a focus on NetApp, VMware and Cisco Data Center Technologies.
- Quickly and effectively Identify, troubleshoot and communicate hardware and software technical problems for a wide range of customers.
- Responsible for the review, qualification, and ownership of complex client support calls or tickets which may include a wide range of technologies
- Willing to be flexible to work outside of standard business hours to meet project and support related requests.
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as a technical point of contact on customer engagements
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling within new and existing accounts
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Create high quality content deliverables which include Design, As-Built, Connectivity and other high level and or detailed documentation.
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Five years’ experience delivering data center technologies including planning, development, implementation and support
- Minimum of two years in a customer facing role
- Experience with troubleshooting NetApp storage, VMware vSphere Technologies and Cisco Data Center Technologies (MDS, UCS, Nexus)
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and end users
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Attention to detail on inventory and logistics is important
Preferred Industry Certifications
- NetApp NCIE-SAN
- VMware VCAP-DCV (Data Center Virtualization) 6.0+
- Cisco CCNP Data Center
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 30-40%
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, IRA match and PTO. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where employees can learn and grow with our company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.