Seeking experienced Data Center Tech for long term role located in downtown Chicago, IL or at site in Ashburn, VA area.
Randstad is responsible for the entire day to day management of state of the art data center operations throughout the United States for a multinational banking and financial services holding company. It is the largest of its kind in the United States with total worldwide assets in excess of US$2 trillion.
Primary Duties within client:
We are responsible for the day to day management of data center operations throughout the United States for a multinational banking and financial services holding company. It is the largest of its kind in the United States with total worldwide assets in excess of US$2 trillion. Maintain operational stability and handle customer requests while working on shifts to support the 24 x 7 operations.
Basic responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Rack and stack equipment (network, mainframes, and storage and enterprise servers). Rack and Stack Enterprise Class Technology Hardware (instead of listing network, mainframes, etc.).
- Running copper and fiber cables
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of hardware/connectivity
- Commission and Decommission of Hardware
- Familiarity with Patch Panels
- Must be able to perform component replaceable of DIMMs Hard drives, Power Supplies
- Vendor Management. Support 3rd Party Vendor Activities
In Addition, the Data Center Engineer will:
- Adhere to Change Control Processes
- Execute the cabling and cable organization per client standards.
- Rack & Stack server and IT hardware in corporate Data Center.
- Responsible for server implementation, support and decommissioning within a secure raised-floor environment
- Install support hardware for all devices to be installed into cabinets on raised floor
- Place devices in cabinets according to instructions from internal hardware power & placement team
- Previous experience working in a complex high availability data center environment
- A strong working knowledge of data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy).
- Hands on expertise of midrange systems in large scale (100+ servers) environments- IBM, HP, Oracle, & Dell server hardware
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks interfaces through online ticketing system
- Ability to demonstrate effective team and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Expertise with day-to-day data center operation tasks, including rack/stack, understanding of switch/port configurations, server decommissioning
- Also experience with Data Center incident resolution, asset management, and logistics
- Critical thinking and decision making related to outage risk assessment
- Strong cable management skills and experience managing fiber & copper in a data center environment.
- Certifications: A+, Server+, or Network+
- Technical writing and documentation skills are preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office