Seeking Data Center Logistics Operator for opening located in the Bear, DE area.
Seeking individual with previous experience in Tape Operations, Logistics or Computer Operations. Operator will help oversee a large data storage area and be part of a team that performs high volume daily ejects, storage and restores. Additionally Data Center assets will be managed through the complete asset lifecycle. There are possibilities for advancement with this position.
- Coordinate with end users on special requests
- Maintain and comply with operational documentation on procedures and processes
- Maintain and update daily shift turnover logs and checklists
- Participate in routine inventory processes and auditing of media and assets
- Provide timely updates to client, Data Repositories & Work Flow systems as required
- Generate all scratch reports and pull related media
- Ensure daily production is processed to clients expectations within defined SLAs
- Coordinate eject schedules for new and existing systems
- Monitor media availability including new and scratch tapes
- Assist client with backup testing including Disaster Recovery.
- Manage/escalate tape related system issues/malfunctions
- Manage Tape and Hard Drive destructions at multiple locations
- Research tape media on request for multiple LOB’s
IT Asset Management
- Accept and validate incoming assets for deployment to the Data center
- Document incoming and outgoing assets and parts via multiple inventory control systems
- Process via multiple couriers outgoing and incoming assets and parts
- Validate and ship assets to vendors or other locations
- Manage Asset disposals / destruction at multiple locations
- Perform efficient, secure and timely transfers of technology between sites
- Research upon request assets for multiple LOB’s
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Experience in Logistics and/or Tape Operations
- Understanding and experience with database tracking tools.
- Experience maintaining media or electronic equipment long term
- Experience and knowledge with MS-Office and barcode scan tools
- IT students and recent graduates seeking entry level IT work are welcome to apply
- Must be detail oriented and be able to multitask as this is a fast paced environment