Seeking experienced Data Center Project Admin/Coordinator for long term project role located in Lewisville, TX area,
About Randstad (role with Client):
Randstad is responsible for the entire day to day management of state of the art data center operations throughout the United States for a multinational banking and financial services holding company. It is the largest of its kind in the United States with total worldwide assets in excess of US$2 trillion.
Main Focus of Project:
- Solely focused on the DC Refresh program
- Perform Data Quality analysis on data returned from cable teams
- Open Client PRIME Requests on customers behalf
- Customer Engagement to obtain approvals for Change Management
The Merge/Audit Project Team Administrator supports data center service events across North America. The Administrator is responsible to open decommission or relocate projects, changes, and work orders for each hardware refresh event. This includes managing ticket approval for each event. They will review cable audits, identify discrepancies and remediate data quality items. In addition, they will coordinate equipment placement and design team to address issues with the placement of equipment.
The Merge/Audit Project Team Administrator supports data center service events across North America. The Administrator is responsible to open decommission or relocate projects, changes, and work orders for each hardware refresh event. This includes managing ticket approval for each event. They will review cable audits, identify discrepancies and remediate data quality items. In addition, they will coordinate equipment placement and design team to address issues with the placement of equipment.The Merge team is responsible for Data Center space reclamation, refreshing legacy technologies, and creating efficiencies within the current product offerings. You will be member of a team that executes large and complex projects across a global footprint using leading edge technology to deliver the highest quality service and support at all times.
In this position, you will be working with a team of other analysts, engineers, business representatives, project managers and vendors to plan, oversee and execute critical projects in the Data Center and Compute space within the client's data centers. The focus of the team is the management of installing, removing or relocating of technology equipment on a large scale with minimal downtime, including communication to impacted parties of that technology. You will be called on to plan, design, manage and maintain the overall program with an emphasis on the data center execution area while also supporting hygiene of the compute portfolio.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide input to the project creation including review, timelines, budget and deliverables
- Work with representatives across the Network, Storage, Provisioning, Compute, Data Center and business towers providing technical and project coordination
- Analyze project requirements and determine the impacts to technical resources and the data centers
- Interface with various vendors to review, execute and track project deliverables
- Consolidate deliverable related data and create project documentation, ensuring data quality throughout
- Assist in planning, coordinating and leading project events
- Provide extensive data analysis to provide trending and efficiency reporting
The Ideal candidate:
- Must be able manage activities as a project
- Must be excellent with using MS Excel (Pivot tables, creating macros, and knowledgeable of key Excel functions including: vlookup, if, not, etc…)
- Must be a self-starter and assertive in project delivery
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player
- Must have a basic understanding of networking principles such as network port assignments, switch port status colors, switch port states (Configured Up, Administratively Down, etc.), MAC addresses, and anything else required to identify unique device/port combinations and states, without physically seeing the devices.
- Will have willingness to work off hours when needed (APAC, EMEA, or any other timeframes that a change may need to take place worldwide)
- Must have the ability to multitask.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Command line familiarity, specifically in the brocade/cisco environment, is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of Business Object Report Use and/or Creation.
- Fundamental understanding of change management procedures and/or datacenter change process
- Proficient with using a SharePoint to create, update, and store documentation
- Exhibits mature organization and time management skills.
- Possess excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal
- 3-5+ years of experience in large data center environments with an emphasis on layout, physical connectivity, power distribution and equipment placement
- 3+ years of combined knowledge/experience with network, SAN/NAS, server hardware, server operating systems and cabling technologies with the ability to understand how they all interface with the data center environment
- Ability to understand a structured execution methodology and technical requirements leading to technical delivery, documentation and execution deployment plans
- Vendor management with an emphasis in resource planning, project timeline development, deliverable tracking and cost estimating
- Basic to intermediate experience with the MS Office suite of applications with an emphasis on Excel and working with multiple data sets to draw conclusions critical to the success of the project.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills allowing the leadership of a group of multiple narrow focused technical teams to a shared common goal
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.