|Reference # :||20-03746||Title :||Data Collection Technician|
|Location :||Bedford, MA|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/23/2020 / 03/23/2021|
|Job Title; Data Collection Technician|
Job Location: Bedford, MA
Job Duration: 12 Months +
Job ID: 9994188
We are seeking a Contractor to play an important role on New Product Development Teams to make better, more robust robots that delight the customer by collecting data in users home(s). The data collected will be used by the research and development team for future products. Users will be both internal *** employees as well as external to ***.
Essential functions include:
Data Collection Technician will assist in collecting data. Most of the data collection will take place in real homes. The Data Collection Technician will travel (often with another technician) to the homes to collect both quantitative and qualitative data following a protocol. The data collection will be conducted at different times of the day and in multiple homes. During each home visit the Data Collection Technician will repeatedly set up the devices on the ground to collect data. Data Collection Technician will be responsible for processing and tagging images collected in homes. The individual in this role will work as part of the Machine Learning team alongside another Data Technician.
The successful candidate will have capability to quickly learn all aspects of user-facing testing, after being trained.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational abilities
• Ability to work on flexible work schedule (shifts will vary day to day)
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Background in research involving data gathering and analysis
• Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision
• Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
• Proficient in handling (storing and transferring) large data files (using external hard drives).
• Ability to repeatedly perform physical tasks including repetitively bending, kneeling, squatting and climbing stairs. This can be repetitive and tenuous depending on the size of the home.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a related role
• Experience with product defect tracking tools.
• Experience in basic Linux commands
• Experience with basic Python programming
• Experience with data acquisition as well as processing and analysis software.
• Experience troubleshooting complex electromechanical systems
• Experience in statistical analysis of test results. Experience testing consumer vacuum and/or robotic products