REPORTS TO: DOC - Director of Infection Prevention & Control
Under the supervision of the Director of Infection Prevention & Control, the Data Coordinator, will serve as the point person for all data, provide data management and epidemiological support to the team and assist with the coordination of data collection, analysis, and reporting relevant to infectious diseases (such as Hepatitis C, HIV, STIs, etc.). The Data Coordinator will be responsible for reporting data to DC Health regarding cases and cases loss to follow up. Also, responsible for providing Frontlines of Communities in the United States (FOCUS) reports, ensuring disease reporting compliance, and working with Discharge Planning on community linkages and reporting FOCUS data.
- Responsible for the collection, compilation, organization and maintenance of all data related to infectious diseases such as Hepatitis C, HIV and other infectious diseases as assigned.
- Provides data entry and analytical support for monthly reporting requirements, tracks and monitors all data relevant to infectious diseases (such as Hepatitis C, HIV, STIs, etc.).
- Develops data reports and presentations to be used monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Works collaboratively with the clinical team to ensure that all appropriate reporting has been performed as required by DC Health.
- Ensures disease reporting compliance to DC Health.
- Provides support for data management including reporting to Gilead, reporting positives to the Patient Navigator and surveillance to DC Health.
- Coordinate with the Patient Navigator and Discharge Planning to maximize linkage to care and treatment.
- Assists with quality improvement activities as assigned.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with staff.
- Participates in professional development opportunities.
- Attends departmental, health center, providers meetings and mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Healthcare Administration, or related field from an
accredited four-year university or college.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Minimum 3 years' experience work related to public health and/or health care environment.
· Minimum 3-5 years' experience in clinical data management or health care analytics
· Knowledge of querying and solid analytical skills with ability to compile data from many sources and define designs to use data.
· Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment.
· Ability to act as a data management team lead.
· Strong time management and organizational skills with great attention to detail.
· Understanding and experience with Windows
· Strong written and verbal skills.
· Basic computer skills with advance skills in Microsoft Excel.
The Data Coordinator does not have direct reports. The position reports to the Director of Infection Prevention & Control.