Data and Digital Organizer
Faith in Florida (FIF) is seeking a Data Manager and Digital Organizer. This position sits at the pivotal crossroads of data management and digital organizing, maximizing the scope of multiple organizing and civic engagement campaigns through the strategic use of data and digital systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience working with low-income, immigrant, communities of color, and/or returning citizens communities, effective time management skills and a demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects. Ideal candidates based in or willing to move to Florida are preferred.
About Faith in Florida
FIF is about people, power, and change. First and foremost, our focus is on the development and engagement of people. We work to unleash the leadership that is within each of us toward fighting for racial, economic, and environmental justice.
FIF is affiliated with the Faith in Action (formally the PICO Network).
Overview of Responsibilities
The Data Manager and Digital Organizer will oversee and coordinate the VAN (Voter Activation Network) and other campaign technology in Florida. The Data Manager and Digital Organizer will work with Faith in Action national, state federations and other partners to assist in VAN, other data analysis needs and digital engagement. The Data Manager and Digital Organizer should have the ability to continually develop skills related to the use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices. They should also have experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making in organizing, issue, and/or electoral organizing.
- Maintain internal databases, including manipulation of the voter, congregation membership, volunteer and other person-level data.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operation of the Voter Activation Network in Florida and Alabama as well as other data systems.
- Provide data, targeting and technical guidance and support for organizing, issue, and/or electoral campaigns.
- Administer, support, and train users on organizing and engagement systems.
- Provide data-driven strategic guidance on best tactics and tools to achieve goals to leadership.
- Work with internal and external staff to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition, and preservation.
- Generate opportunities to identify and engage campaign supporters and drive measurable online actions through alerts, infographics, key messages, etc.
- Utilize social media and texting programs to maximize digital list building
- Deepen supporters sense of identity and involvement with the campaign, including both online and offline engagement
- Perform uploads to email database and facilitating email campaign list selection and segmentation testing and strategy
- Understand and apply data analytics related to the campaign email list, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of the campaign
- Conduct supplemental training and technical support to state federations for utilization of the VAN and other data tools.
- Work with Faith in Action national data staff and state federation bodies to develop strategies on how to best integrate the VAN system and other technology into their own political/issues programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in data systems and tools
- Demonstrated and extensive experience in electoral political and issue campaigns, particularly focused on data coordination and management.
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress, NGP VAN / EveryAction, and/or other advocacy platforms
- Demonstrated experience with Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Proficiency in the strategic use of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms preferred
- Commitment to understand race, class, gender, and other equity issues as part of your work as well as the impact these structural issues have on our collective work environment required
- Belief in and commitment to progressive social, racial, and economic justice a must
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to receive and integrate performance-based feedback into ongoing work plans as well as the ability to provide relevant and timely feedback to peers in a constructive manner
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Ability to work long and extended hours as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.
All applicants must apply for this position online. (Click the “Apply for this Position” button below) Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format)
- A cover letter stating why you want this position and your qualifications.
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact email@example.com. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.
Faith in Action provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Faith in Action complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.