Under minimal supervision, responsible for the build and maintenance of data environments by sourcing, integrating and programming data that can be utilized to solve complex business cases for advanced analytics within Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) and its subsidiaries.
- Design, develop, document and test advanced data systems that supports the manipulation of structured and unstructured data sets from disparate sources.
- Identify, integrate and cleanse data source information for processing.
- Document and communicate opportunities for improvement identified in the data, such as scalability or quality concerns.
- Write and refine code to ensure performance and reliability of data extraction and programming.
- Implement data structures using best practices for data modeling and visualizations.
- Produce comprehensive and usable dataset documentation and metadata.
- Work on concurrent projects of varying size and scope, adhering to timelines and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Three (3) years of advanced programming techniques and application design is required.
- Experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, database development, testing, and integration methodologies is required.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of big data (i.e. Map/Reduce, YARN, HDFS, etc.), query building (i.e. PL/SQL, HIVE, Impala, Spark, etc.), programming (i.e. R, Python, C, Java, Ruby, etc.) and visualization tools (i.e. QlikView, Tableau, Web FOCUS, etc.).
- Basic statistics modeling skills (i.e. linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, random forests, etc.)
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Access, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively interface and present to management at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.