Novelis is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Global Digital Team. He/she will aid in the optimization of operations by manipulating and aggregating the disparate operational and back office data sources into a format that is easily digestible by both data scientists and statistically adept colleagues. His/her core responsibility will be to combine large volumes of disparate complex data, conduct quality checks on the data, manipulate the data and ensure continuous access to a clean format of the operational data for data scientists and other stakeholders. In addition, he/she will also assist in developing the data pipeline to ensure ongoing data collection, consolidation, and management
- Create data ingestion pipeline and processes based on jointly defined requirements
- Profile and analyze data to identify gaps and potential data quality issues; works with business SME’s to resolve these issues
- Identifies relationships between disparate data sources
- Uses IBA, PI, Python, other Data tools and technologies to code the data Engineering routines
- Designs and develops the Data Engineering routines for feature extraction, feature generation and feature engineering that the relevant to the manufacturing businesses.
- Works with the group of data scientists and business SMEs to get the requirements and present the details in data
- Designs and jointly develops the data architecture with data architect and ensures security and maintenance
- Explores suitable options, designs, and creates data pipeline (data lake / data warehouses) for specific analytical solutions
- Identifies gaps and implements solutions for data security, quality and automation of processes
- Builds data tools and products for effort automation and easy data accessibility
- Supports maintenance, bug fixing and performance analysis along data pipeline
- Diagnoses existing architecture and data maturity and identifies gaps
- Gather requirements, assess gaps and build roadmaps and architectures to help the analytics driven organization achieve its goals
- 8-10 years of experience in data engineering in time-series data using historians.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or background in Mathematic and Statistics; Master’s or other advanced degree a plus
- Experience in working on time-series/historians such as IBA, PI etc.
- Python and/or Spark experience required
- Self-sufficient and can run projects on own
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience on Big Data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Spark, HBase, HDInsight, Data Bricks, Hive) and with programming languages like UNIX shell scripting, Python etc.
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL or T-SQL with RDBMSs like MS SQL Server, Oracle etc in production environments
- Experience with reporting and BI packages e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, SAP BO etc.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Success at working on cross-functional teams to meet a common goal
- Self-starter with a high sense of urgency
Novelis’ Global Corporate Headquarters is located in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta Georgia and employs approximately 250 people. It is co-located with Novelis’ North America regional office which employs approximately 225 people. Supporting its 24 operations worldwide Novelis’ corporate office is home to the executive leadership team and global functions that support the automotive beverage can and high-end specialties value streams. The City of Atlanta provides a diverse and family-friendly place to live with countless museums cultural organizations and educational institutions including the Georgia Aquarium Woodruff Arts Center CNN Center Georgia Tech and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. In the Atlanta area Novelis has strong community partnerships with Atlanta Habitat for Humanity GeorgiaFIRST and Agape Youth and Family Center in addition to many local museums and community groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.