Kelly Services is seeking a Data Engineer & Business Intelligence Contractor for a 7 months contract opportunity in Carlsbad, CAFor immediate consideration, please email your resume directly to email@example.com
Job Title - Data Engineer & Business Intelligence Contractor
Contract Duration - 7 months
Location - Carlsbad, CA
Contract Type – W2
Pay Rate- $49/hr
What will you do?
Data Engineer will join the Global Innovation Technologies and the Global Sales Operations groups, and will be responsible for working with business leaders and team members to architect and develop cloud based machine learning for predictive/prescriptive analytics and data architecture. This resource will have to be able to think on their feet and be able to troubleshoot items as they happen without specific documentation. Candidate should be able to work effectively in an agile team to design, develop, and maintain algorithm, ETL, analytical models, and dashboard.
This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including AWS, Docker, Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Recommendation engines, Middleware and ERPs.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, administrate, and maintain mission critical data architecture and data science solutions. \t
- Responsible for initial design and development of new algorithms and/or extensive business recommendation deep dive. \t
- Define technical requirements and create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms. \t
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions \t
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently. \t
- Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues. \t
- Participate in training and orienting new members as they join the team
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalently technical disciplines. \t
- Minimum 2-3 years of business analysis experience, preferably in global business environment \t
- Preferred AWS experience (either Developer or Solutions Architect) \t
- Excited about building world-class data science solutions that drives productivity, sales growths and innovation technologies. \t
- Work closely with our partners in Marketing, Business Ops, Finance, HR, Sales, and Customer Service to build custom data visualization and reporting to address prevailing business needs and strategic priorities \t
- Collaborate with leadership, data scientists, financial analysts, and data engineers to translate business questions into flexible tools and dashboards that scale across the organization \t
- Must have experience working with Python & R or other statistical programming language to deliver insights at scale \t
- Data modeling, design and database programming using a variety of relational (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, SQLLite) and No-SQL technologies (MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j). \t
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies. \t
- Values simplicity in software architecture, design, and practices. \t
- Experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability. \t
- Experience working with geographically distributed team. \t
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. \t
- Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others. \t
- Experience in ETL processes and database automations.
- Data integration, data analysis, data mining, and ETL technologies knowledge is a plus.
\tknowledge of BI systems such as Cognos / EDW, visual dashboard tools (PowerBI/ Tableau) \t
- Knowledge of user interface frameworks such Vue, Angular, or React. \t
- Knowledge on customer data management and user authentication/authorization on websites and mobile devices is a plus. \t
- Backend programming and API construction utilizing PHP or Python. \t
- Web Service design experience: Request/Response handling, authentication, REST APIs Experience with databases, database architecture, and best practices as it applies to both application and big data.
Mandatory Data Engineer & Business Intelligence
*** If this position may be of interest to you, please email me back at firstname.lastname@example.org (with your most up to date resume, for further consideration) and advise the best time and number at which you can be reached. If not for yourself, feel free to share this opportunity within your network! ***
Shazneen Irani | Professional Technical Recruiter |email@example.com
Kelly Services, Inc. | kellyservices.com
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.