We have an exciting new role as a Data Engineer based out of New York City, you will be working with one of our prestigious clients and assisting in their growth as a team.
We will accept corp to corp or w2 contractors. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the Data Engineer:
- Integrate data from a variety of data sources (Data warehouse, Data marts) utilizing on-premises or cloud-based data structures
- Develop and implement streaming, data lake, and analytics big data solutions
- Create integration of data from multiple data sources, knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks using Databricks
- Create Applications using Change Data Capture Tools
- Technical Support (includes troubleshooting, monitoring)
- Technical Analyst and Project Management Support
- Application Performance and System Testing Analyst
- Design, develop, deploy and support end to end ETL specifications based on business requirements and processes such as source-to-target data mappings, integration workflows, and load processes using IBM Datastage
- Developing ETL jobs using various stages such as Sequential, Dataset, Transformer, Copy, Lookup, filter, Join, Merge, Funnel, Sort, Remove Duplicates, Modify and Aggregator etc.
- Involve in day to day support and providing solutions/troubleshooting Production Outages/Issues using Datastage tool for business requirements, enhancements and handling service requests
- Ideal” candidates will have the following experience, knowledge, skills or abilities
- Minimum of 5-7 years of IT work experience focused in Data Acquisition and Data Integration using DataStage
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience with ORACLE SQL and PL/SQL Package
- Experience working with flat files and XML transformations
- Analyzing the statistics of the DataStage jobs in director and conducting performance tuning to reduce the time required to load the tables and the loads on computing nodes involved
- Knowledge/Experience on Data Warehousing applications, directly responsible for the Extraction, Staging, Transformation, Pre Loading and Loading of data from multiple sources into Data Warehouse
- Application development, including Cloud development experience, preferably using AWS (AWS Services, especially S3, API Gateway, Redshift, Lambda, etc.)
- Working with different file formats: Hive, Parquet, CSV, JSON, Avro etc. Compression techniques
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools, Enterprise Reporting, Report Development, data modeling, data warehouse architecture, data warehousing concepts
- Comfortable with AWS cloud (S3, EC2, EMR, Redshift, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different schools/locations
- Python, Spark and AWS experience is a big plus.
Keywords: Data Engineer, AWS, Spark, Python, EC2, PL/SQL, Oracle, EMR, Redshift, AWS, Cloud, DataStage, XML, Lambda, API Gateway, Avro, JSON, CSV, Parquet, Hive, Python, Spark, AWS
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com .
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!