Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer for one the Nation’s Top companies located in the Columbus, Ohio area. This opportunity is for a 6 Month open ended Contract.
Applicants must have 3+ years of Development Experience specifically working with Data Ingestion/Data Modeling toolsets. If interested in any developer opportunities in the Columbus, Ohio area send a resume to Kelsey Dyke at KDykeAHolton@apexsystems.com. If you’d like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com.
Company & Group Details of Data Engineer:
•The developer will work as part of a highly interactive team that is responsible for data analytics for our clients Supply Chain and Inventory Managements systems. The Developer will be on a small team supporting one of three highly visible data standardization projects.
Requirements for Data Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position or comparable experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to all levels within the organization.
- Direct experience programming large and technically complex solutions.
- Understanding of complex platforms and translating problems into functional terms
Technologies for Data Engineer:
- Python and Bash Shell
- Any of the following Automation tools (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet)
- Experience with data movement tools such as SQL, Matillion, or AWS Glue
- Experience with ETL Tools, (Informatica,, SSIS, Talend Etc).
- Preferred experience with Data Modeling, Data Ingestion, data Validation
- Agile methodology experience
- Experience with Cloud Platforms is a plus.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you’d be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178