Looking to work with leading technologies on cutting-edge projects while growing your career? Want to add more meaning to your job by joining a company that takes giving back to the community seriously? Consider applying to one of the fastest-growing young tech companies in the DC metro area!
Not just business as usual
Located just outside the Washington DC beltway in Rockville MD, TISTA is looking for candidates like you: with a high degree of versatility, integrity, and technical ability. We are committed to not only exceeding the requirements of our government customers, but also to investing in developing our team members and giving back to the community through regular company-organized volunteering. At TISTA, in addition to enjoying opportunities for growth within your discipline, you'll have the chance to expand your knowledge and accelerate your career development by working on white papers and innovative corporate initiatives.
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking Data Engineers to join our growing team using groundbreaking cloud and big data technologies. These Data Engineers will collaborate with data scientists from prominent ivy league institutions to identify user needs, find solutions, and take our products from concept to launch. We have Mid, Senior and Lead roles available.
- Build data pipelines using Apache Spark, Scala, Python, Apache Airflow etc.
- Collaborate with User Experience and Engineering teams in the planning of new products
- Write unit tests and get close to 100% code coverage
- Work on AWS – S3 for storage, EC2 and EMR for processing/analysis
- Follow Agile methodology for the software development
- Identify problems and propose resolutions
- 6+ year of engineering experience; focus on back-end development and/or data engineering
- In-depth programming knowledge with Java, Python, and Scala
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, or HIVE
- Strong experience with AWS; including EC2, EBS, RedShift, EMR, ELB, SNS, RDS, CloudFormation, and more
- Experience with tools like Maven, Jenkins, Git
- Able to perform as an effective member of a geographically dispersed team across multiple time-zones
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field
- Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust
- Rockville, MD
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.