ECS is seeking a Data Engineer to work in our Washington DC office.
In order to meet the evolving needs of Federal Government, ECS has unique capabilities and expertise to help our customers achieve their goals.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to join our team in supporting a program. In this role, the data engineer must have a strong understanding of database fundamentals. They must have SQL knowledge, as well as database design principles and Consistency Models. They will need to be familiar with data warehousing tools and technologies as well as strong scripting skills in Python and Shell. They must translate requirements to detailed design information for data transformation and loading. Access, review, administer and deliver critical requests that are time sensitive. This role is responsible for evaluating customers' current and anticipated needs and serving as a subject matter expert who can support customer meetings to analyze their enterprise and suggest or improve the existing functions for improved performance and changing needs.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or similar preferred
- 4 years of experience in software development, DB Design and ETL
- ETL experience or backend application development
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Experience working with either Git, or SVN
- Experience in Pentaho or equivalent tools
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively evaluates information to make decisions
- Confronts difficult problems in a positive and creative way.
- Knowledge and experience in Postgresql, mysql and MS SQL Server
- AWS experience in EC2, RDS and Redshift
- Working with application development tools, standards and languages
- 3 years of ETL experience or backend application development
- 3 years of Python / Perl and Bash Linux experience
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.