About the opportunity
SWCA’s growing Pasadena office is seeking a talented and detail-oriented Data Entry Technician to support our projects with major public utilities. In this position, you will be supporting our biologists and archaeologists by handling database entry and tracking requirements. This position will require critical thinking, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
What you will accomplish
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data Entry into Excel Spreadsheets
- Consistently execute the entry, organization and data clean up in applications/systems/spreadsheets
- Clear and effective communication with internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Responsible for meeting deadline requirements as defined by lead/supervisor
- Participate in program and project meetings as needed.
- Track, update and maintain project milestones, deliverables, and due dates in project databases or similar applications
- Maintain and update project database(s) or similar applications
Experience and qualifications for success
- 1-3 years of experience in data entry and data management
- Possess average to advanced Excel skills and understand Excel functions
- Comprehension of basic database concepts (table structure, queries)
- Quality assurance/quality control of the data entered
- Accuracy and detail oriented are must have skills to be successful in this role
- Positive attitude toward diverse work assignments and be team & customer service oriented, self-motivated, flexible, and results driven
- The ability to solve practical problems and must be able to work independently and with project managers, staff, client, and agency representatives.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.