POSITION SUMMARY: Want to effect real, tangible change at a Fortune 500 company? Republic Services is undergoing a Company-wide transformation, making major investments in our technology platforms, and defying conventional thinking on competition in the Waste & Recycling Services industry. We are looking for the best and brightest to join us in changing the way we engage and serve our customers. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about working in a fast, dynamic environment and want to be meaningful contributors in our rapid technology evolution. The Data Governance Analyst collaborates in technical solutions development and facilitation of cross-functional business collaboration; and provides recommendations in business data strategy, data quality and standardization improvement. The Data Governance Analyst will work with large amounts of data spanning across multiple systems and must have the ability to synthesize data, interpret relationships, define impacts, and suggest process or procedure improvements, as well as metrics to monitor success and effectiveness of implemented solutions.
- Collaborates with business and IT stewards in building business glossary and metadata repository using the Informatica or Microsoft Suite of Tools.
- Monitors and reports on data quality metrics and activities using the following data visualization tools: Qlik, Tableau, Informatica Analyst Scorecards, Microsoft Suite of Products.
- Contributes to the definition of data quality standards, business rules, and exception feedback loops using the Informatica Data Quality tools and/or Microsoft suite of tools. Ensures data is complaint with defined quality requirements.
- Gathers business requirements and translates them into Data Solutions Specifications.
- Monitors adherence to data quality and governance policies and procedures and reports finding to the appropriate stake holders.
- Collaborates with Business and IT Data Management teams in building and monitoring Master Data workflows, Master Data quality, Standardization and Metrics.
- Participates in change management activities required to fix data quality and process issues.
- Monitors data quality trends for key data assets, and reports findings to the appropriate stake holders.
- Creates detailed documentation of functional, system, user and reporting requirements, including Use Cases, Process Flow Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with other teams across Information Technology to facilitate development of cross-functional software deliveries.
- Collaborates in strategic planning and process & procedure enhancement efforts.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering, Business Analytics or related field. (Required). Masters Preferred.
- 1 year of programming experience using at least one of these tools: R, Python.
- Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and/or Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work independently, and complete tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 3 year of experience performing data quality, data management and data analysis using at least two of the following tools: SQL scripting, MS Excel-Macros/Look-Up Tables, Informatica Data Quality, Other Data Quality tools.
- Minimum 1-year experience utilizing data visualization tools, such as Qlik, Tableau, Power-BI.
- Minimum of 3 years of organizing business documentation for projects.