What you'll do..
As a Data Governance Analyst, you will be responsible for helping to drive out and mature our Data Strategy & Data Governance across Principal Global Investors. You will build and/or maintain a data catalog using the Infogix Data360 tool. You will work closely with business partners across the organization, as well as Technology & Architecture teams, to acquire data from multiple sources, catalog that data, ensure data meets our quality and governance standards, and make available for data consumers. You will solve business problems and assist with designing technical solutions to meet the needs of our stakeholders. This position partners and consults with data stewards, data custodians, architects and PGI Operations management to implement and maintain data governance practices and improve data quality.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, data or business analytics, finance, economics, business or Information Technology required, plus a minimum of 3+ years' work experience in data operations, data governance, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Knowledge of financial services and investment related terminology required
- Data360 experience preferred.
- Experience with data mapping, requirements gathering, and analytics preferred.
- Experience with Power BI or other visualization tools, Python, R, Bloomberg, Markit EDM, Factset, SQL, Eagle, AWS Products, or other technical applications helpful
- Analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, time management, planning, decision making, and communication skills required
- Success in this position requires a strong consulting orientation, the ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven, team-based environment and the ability to produce accurate and timely information with minimal supervision
- Must be able to handle multiple, increasingly complex, tasks, prioritize effectively and be flexible as business needs change
- Self-starter and work independently
PGI Investment Pay and Benefit
This position is eligible for the PGI investment pay and benefits programs.
We’ll consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.
Remote opportunity available
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.