The Data Governance Specialist works with management to help ensure successful execution of the data governance program across business areas through the implementation of data control, data governance activities and solutions while working in partnership with business data stewards, data owners and IT teams.
- Assists in the development and execution of the Data Governance Strategy
- Coordinates with operational and reporting data stewards to create data controls, identify measurement definitions, and manage using dashboards.
- Maintains enterprise data policy for governing data and actively measures compliance to the data policy for critical data and reports.
- Maintains ongoing communication with data stewards to ensure critical data issues are communicated timely for remediation.
- Collaborates with the Data stewards, data custodians and report developers to ensure consistent use of data definitions, authorized data sources, and calculations. Additionally, enlists business unit support to take ownership and responsibility for consistent definitions and quality of their data.
- Collaborates with the Data Stewards, Architecture, and Information Technology to prioritize and resolve: data sourcing, business rules, data aggregation, data distribution, and data consumption.
- Ensures operational data stewards define and maintain: data definitions, descriptions, set values, quality rules, and calculations in the business glossary.
- Establishes and maintains programs to monitor and measure data governance adoption and achievements.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate enterprise critical report library with associated reporting metadata.
- Documents and maintains data governance activities, maintains logs, and records issues and corresponding resolutions.
- Document various governance roles and responsibilities then educate data stewards, data owners and data custodians
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data-related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Produce data governance dashboards on a recurring basis
- Enroll data owners, data stewards and data custodians around active management of critical data and key issues
- Manage documentation as well as remediation of key data issues
- Execute a reliable second-line-of defense process via documented processes, controls, templates, and rigors
- *Minimum 5 years of experience with providing data governance function and operations
- *Minimum 5 years of project management experience
- *Minimum 5 years of consultancy and facilitation skills
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Information Systems or Business Administration. Master's Degree in a related field is strongly desired.
- Prefer 5 years of banking experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or credit.
- Knowledge of information access and delivery methods, analytics applications and tool portfolio, data sourcing and integration methods. Understanding of data warehouse, ETL, data cleansing, and architecture.
- Strong understanding and background of the FR Y-14M and FR Y-14Q CCAR reporting preferred.
- Experience with CCAR reporting and/or credit risk analytics preferred.
- Experience working and effectively collaborating with reporting, operations and technology teams.
- Familiarity with operational and support environment issues.
- Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement.
- Strong critical thinking ability and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal/written communication skills and strong project management skills.
- Experience consulting with senior management
- Thorough knowledge and operational skills in the Data Governance
- Thorough knowledge of personal computers and various software packages, including Excel and Word.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.