- Development of scripts, web applications, and APIs. System analysis of commercial-off-the-shelf products from vendors like CA, IBM, and MicroFocus.
CANDIDATE TECHNICAL BACKGROUND:
- Technical knowledge of Data Engineer / Data Lake
- Candidate should have experience in object oriented programming, scripting, and application system support. Candidate should have experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows systems.
- Position will interact with a wide array of technologies and systems, including application/infrastructure monitoring, pipeline automation, system discovery, GitOps systems.
- 20% Provide expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business. Conceive, design, and implement structures and programs to business systems software.
- 15% Act as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent providing expertise and technical guidance on complex projects. Work closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to determine business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Ensure solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organizations architectural standards.
- 15% Provide design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy. Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
- 15% Perform analysis, design, programming, and implementation on systems and procedures to solve complex business or scientific problems. Develop enterprise-level applications and custom integration solutions. Evaluate complex interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect another related area.
- 15% Develop programming and development standards. Devise new sources of data and develop new approaches and techniques. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
- 15% Provide guidance to lower level programmers/analysts. Lead, plan, organize, and/or coordinate complex projects or phases of large projects. Determine and resolve problems with other systems analysts, programmers, and systems users.
- 5% Test designed programs, verify logic, perform any necessary "debugging," and write the documentation.
- Bachelors in CS, IT or related degree OR Associates in CS, IT or related degree plus extra 2 yrs related work exp OR: 8 Years Extra 4 yrs combined education and exp with systems analysis, design, and/or programming: 10 Years
- Technical exp with systems analysis, design, and/or programming: 6 Years
- Data Engineer / Data Lake Storage experience: 5 Years
- Spark Scala (preferred);
- Python (required if no Scala)
- Hive including modeling and performance tuning
- Ranger with Kerberos
- No Remote - On-Site ONLY
* Globalpundits is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.