This position is responsible for the support and development of CCAR data governance requirements and critical business elements to align with the objectives of RBC's Data Governance Approach. This position is responsible for executing data strategy, processes and rules to support responsibility and accountability for all business data across the monthly credit FR Y-14 M (consumer schedules A, B C) and the quarterly Q submissions (commercial schedules A7, H1, H2, K`). Responsibilities also include: creating an inventory of CCAR data elements including data lineage, traceability and ongoing maintenance; the execution of reconciliation measures in conjunction with data attestation processes; establishing data quality scorecard reporting, data quality monitoring processes, and working directly with the lines of business to support their resolving any CCAR-Credit data quality issues; and supporting CCAR data governance council(s) and the development of CCAR data governance policies and standards.
- Partner with Risk, Finance, and BATS, for developing and implementing CNB's FR Y-14 data governance framework.
- Develop and implement edit check and other data quality reports, to be provided to data owners and their respective data custodians as well as data stewards.
- Support and coordinate data governance activities among the various data owners, data custodians, and data stewards that have a role and responsibilities in CCAR submissions.
- Liaise directly with various data owners, data custodians and data stewards to monitor, improve and/or resolve any data quality issues
- Develop CCAR data business glossaries, including data domains and data taxonomy.
- Implement and administer a change control process for all CCAR data elements, ensuring that both documentation and communication of changes occurs to all stakeholders.
- Identify and document data sources and lineage, and technical metadata used in creating key reports. Map reporting requirements across key reports.
- Implement data lineage monitoring tools.
- Support and execute the reconciliation frameworks.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and operational procedures necessary for alignment among (and compliance by) stakeholders and data owners.
- Document and implement data controls within the data supply chain.
- Support and execute the business level attestation framework, enforcing both accountability and overarching governance. Ensure monthly attestations are provided from appropriate individuals.
- Develop and produce data quality scorecards for submission to CCO/SRMO for use at annual credit modifier meeting.
- Develop and execute a data governance plan by partnering with risk, operations and technology.
- Drive CCAR data governance automation processes in collaboration with BATS.
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility
Skills and Knowledge
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience with Automated Financial Systems (AFS) strongly preferred.
- Prefer 2 - 3 years of banking experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or credit.
- General understanding and background of the FR Y-14M and FR Y-14Q CCAR reporting.
- Experience with CCAR reporting and/or credit risk analytics.
- Experience working and effectively collaborating with finance, risk, operations and technology teams.
- Familiarity with operational and support environment issues.
- Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement
- Demonstrate strong influence skills to engage both business and cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively including consensus building, negotiating skills, and problem resolution skills with colleagues at all levels
- Some travel may be required
- Technical Competencies: Understanding and background of CCAR reporting, Background and experience with credit risk, Broad understanding of Capital Markets,retail Banking, and Wealth Management, Familiarity with operational and support environment issues, Demonstrated ability to foster and respond to the culture of the capital markets industry
- Behavioral Competencies: Organizational awareness, Independent thinker, Effective communication, Change leadership, Leadership and collaboration
- *Bachelor's Degree required
- *2-3 years of banking experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or data management environment.
- *General knowledge of CCAR reporting and/or credit risk analytics.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.