Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
This position has responsibility for supporting information and data needs for Chubb’s Global Services Division, which manages multinational business on a global basis for Chubb. This role is responsible for the planning, development, execution, and maintenance of the data tools needed to support the information needs of the multinational business teams. This role will participate in all aspects of data management including helping to determine strategic initiatives, defining data models, developing reporting and modeling applications, management of such applications with corporate IT teams, and distribution of key data including the integrating data into reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
Critical factors for success will include delivering results while maintaining a detail focus, ability to take ownership and meet deadlines, being a self-motivated team player coupled with the ability to work independently, identifying issues and developing sound recommendations for remediation, a willingness and desire to continuously build on insurance and product knowledge, and the ability to thrive in fast paced environment. This position will require a high degree of collaboration and detailed communication within and across multiple teams working closely with business, IT architecture and outsourced technical teams.
- Support strategic deliveries through current system analysis, data profiling, data collection, etc.
- Utilize understanding of data and technology along with analytics to build and deliver high quality information solutions
- Provide strong support in cultivating an environment that encourages the use of data to support problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation.
- Engage with business users and other Subject Matter Experts to understand data requirements and sources of data
- Work with business / technical analysts outside of Global Services to understand external data sources needed to deliver key objectives and assignments
- Navigate and interpret complex data models associated with both internal and external applications and systems
- Obtain data from appropriate internal and external source systems and define transformation rules to target data structures used to support Analytics and Reporting
- Work with large sets of data that require analysis, validation and cleansing using various tools such as SQL queries, Microsoft Excel, Qlik Sense and others
- Develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation.
- Participate in data quality reviews and resolve data quality problems.
- Reconcile multiple data sources.
- Convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers and management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar technical degree, or equivalent Information Technology work experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in reporting/data analysis and management role
- Strong Knowledge of SQL and Excel
- Experience designing, reading and understanding large scale data models and database structures
- Experience with Qlik data visualization or other reporting tools
- Strong self-starter with a sense of ownership
- Excellent organizational, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to successfully execute in a demanding, fast paced environment that will require flexibility, a strong work ethic, and a desire to succeed
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in work product
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Passion for learning
- Good listener open to different points of view
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.