Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Attorney – San Francisco, CA
One of our major law firms has an opportunity for a junior/mid-level privacy attorney in the Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity Group of its San Francisco office. They are looking for a whip-smart, personable associate who lives and breathes all things data protection, is dedicated to providing clients with top-notch legal services, and who is ready take the next step in their career and collaborate with experienced data protection partners on cutting edge data use, privacy and security issues. While the position is based in San Francisco, firm’s footprint will provide opportunities to work with clients, large and small, from variety of industries located throughout the United States on privacy and security issues.
Our client is ranked No. 1 in the following: Largest U.S. Law Firms, Lawyers Listed (The Best Lawyers in America, 2008- 2017), Number of U.S. Lawyers & African American & Hispanic American Partners and Most Charitable Law Firms.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Admission to practice law in California with excellent academic credentials.
- 3+ years of law firm experience including at least 2 years specializing in data protection matters and sophisticated understanding of how web technologies work.
- Superior writing skills, strong work ethic, great communication skills, comfort with ambiguity and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and experience assisting companies develop global privacy programs, and with compliance with CCPA, GLBA, HIPAA, GINA, CAN-SPAM, GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, HIPAA, GLBA, UK Data Protection Regulation, Japan Data Protection Regulation and other global privacy laws and regulations;
- A strong working knowledge of privacy and data security laws on a federal and state level relating to the healthcare and financial industry.
- Experience drafting and negotiating professional services agreements, technology licenses, and other types of commercial agreements involving data sharing.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience drafting and revising privacy notices, terms of service, incident response plans, information security policies and other data protection policies.
- Experience responding to security Incidents and handling data breaches, advising on emarketing issues, M&A due diligence, responding to regulatory investigations, and providing advice on privacy by design/default in relation to product development (preferred).
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (US and EU) is highly preferred but not required.
Compensation will be dependent on experience; base salary is flexible.
Law firm provides great working environment and culture.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email an updated resume along with salary expectations.
Owner & President