The Ipsos Business Team Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for leading the privacy program for the specific Business Team, which provides market research services to client’s in the Technology Industry. The DPO designs the privacy program consistent with enterprise standards, provides strategy around the program, drafts the business team policies and standards, and establishes processes to manage privacy risks in the business team. The DPO assists in the development, implementation, maintenance of and adherence to privacy policies, procedures, standards and requirements in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and for education and advocacy of the privacy program within the Business Team.
- To further assist our Business and Privacy Teams, we are looking for a DPO to advise the Business Team on all applicable privacy and data protection laws, rules and regulations affecting its operations and businesses. In this role, you will be responsible for matters ranging from analysis of laws and regulations applicable to a technology company with domestic and international operations as well as analysis of applicable laws and regulations that apply to our customers.
- Provide advice and counsel to the Company and product team regarding new product offerings and functionalities in light of applicable laws.
- Work with our Privacy Counsel, our General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer and other Company stakeholders in the development of policies and procedures and specialized training programs designed to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Provide advice and support to the Business Team on all matters relating to data privacy and security, including data of users, consumers, employees and third-parties, data privacy requirements for websites, social media, apps, connected products, e-commerce, customer relationship management and the Business Team’s various products and services, and all laws relating to data privacy and security in the various jurisdictions in which the Business Team operates, including the US, Canada and the EU.
- Leads the Business Team’s privacy program to ensure that privacy and data protection processes and practices are executed in accordance with company policies and standards. Drives privacy compliance strategy and strategic priorities for the Business Team in alignment with the Global Privacy and Data Protection Program requirements.
- Establishes and implements a comprehensive Privacy Program for the applicable Business Team. Working closely with business, privacy and legal partners, develops a roadmap of programs designed to minimize data access and exposure, promote a privacy and data-protection mindset, and improve automated processing.
- Responsible for managing all obligations pertaining to privacy compliance for the Business Team ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to mitigate privacy risks. These obligations and deliverables include, but are not limited to, privacy risk assessments, business process assessments, privacy incident management, privacy awareness and training, and verification that proper risk assessments have been completed and are up to date for vendors handling personal data.
- Monitors any new, or changes to existing, technology applications, products, or operational processes and ensures that privacy and protection of personal data is appropriately managed.
- Collaborates with the Legal, Data Security, Information Technology and Compliance departments to identify and control privacy risks applicable to the Service Line; follows key trends and latest laws and regulations (in consultation with Legal and Privacy Teams) and makes recommendations to address those trends.
- For the Business Team, leads the reporting, investigation and remediation of privacy incidents in a timely manner consistent with the Global Privacy Program and applicable legal requirements.
- Ensures adherence to the Global Privacy Program, the GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PIPEDA, etc. compliance programs (if applicable), and any other local or business-specific privacy requirements.
- Manages the analysis and reporting of privacy incidents and key risk indicators occurring within the Business Team. Identifies and follows up on privacy issues and action plans to ensure timely and accurate resolution. Prepares management reporting on Program issues and trends for governance meetings.
- Monitors and reports to the CPO and applicable Country DPO on performance of the Business Team’s Privacy Program.
- 4-7 years of relevant and progressive Privacy experience, preferably in the IT Technology Services industry. The successful candidate will bring technical privacy expertise with superior knowledge, skills and experience in regulatory related matters, as well as strong operational and business process management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification is highly desired.
- Experience working with U.S. Privacy and Data Protection laws and regulations Required; Experience and knowledge of GDPR and other International Privacy Laws preferred
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills; ability to quickly execute on strategic decisions to drive organizational results.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills at all levels within the organization. Ability to translate technical content into business understandable terms; successful market-facing presentation skills with C-suite level executives.
- Superior matrix management and partnering skills with the ability to interact and quickly gain credibility and build collaborative working relationships to produce business results.
- Strong positive leadership skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a team through a dynamic environment.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess strong analytical, drafting and negotiation skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills and judgment.
- Able to think creatively to find practical solutions to complex issues.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple matters.
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop strong internal relationships, influence others, and work as part of cross-functional teams and in partnership with team members at all levels of the organization.