This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing Cybersecurity team. The Data Protection Analyst will be a key player in the planning and execution of the roadmaps in support of Delaware North’s Information Governance and Data Privacy & Protection programs. The Data Protection Analyst must be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of, and willingness to learn, data protection tools and techniques; and
- adapt to ever changing regulatory requirements and operational risks.
Reporting to the Data Privacy Manager, this position will have regular interactions with Business Lines, Audit, Legal & Compliance, Human Resources, Marketing and Information Technology.
Select responsibilities include:
- Lead data discovery and inventory/mapping efforts
- Assist in defining the data protection requirements needed to protect sensitive personal information
- Participate in data protection projects and initiatives
- Work closely with business lines to perform privacy impact assessments for projects and initiatives, with the ability to articulate the impacts clearly and concisely, while also offering practical suggestions as to remediation activities
- Work closely with business lines on the deployment and operation of data protection processes and procedures including the implementation of related technology solutions
- Participate in data privacy operations to include reviewing data transfer requests and responding to suspected or actual data privacy incidents
- Provide on-going insight into data privacy risks including analysis of key metrics and reporting of risk data. Assist in the preparation of reports to senior leadership.
- BA/BS required in business, accounting, finance, math, actuarial science, or related field; Master's preferred.
- 2-3 years minimum related experience in data privacy and protection PLUS 5-7 overall cyber security experience required.
- Working knowledge of GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI, corporate governance standards and the ability to keep up with a changing regulatory environment.
- Ability to interact with a variety of internal and external people in a professional manner that creates confidence in his/her knowledge and abilities and helps foster mutually satisfactory resolution to risk gaps and issues.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to establish priorities, multi-task, handle competing priorities and follow through on all open items/tasks.
- Solid technical skills in the use of Microsoft desktop tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Knowledge of data loss prevention (DLP) and/or other data protection tools.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.