We are looking for the Sr. Data Engineers who will help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our past. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks, love to make a difference, want to cultivate the better world, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Senior Data Engineer for Enterprise Data Management will be assisting in building the innovative enterprise data solution leveraging both cloud and on-prem technology. You will be responsible for building data engineering solution and processes to enable analytics, business intelligence, MDM and mobility. This role will be responsible for creating and maintaining the new data pipelines to leverage data at scale.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking highly motivated, results oriented individual with strong data quality skills for Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence function. This role will be responsible for the data quality at enterprise level and will influence the future processes. This is a critical role to ensure data used for analytics and business intelligence are at highest level of quality.
- Develop data quality and testing plans to validate data pipelines
- Take ownership of end to end data quality and rules implementation
- Design, monitor and maintain data quality reports, KPIs & quality trends for the data across multiple systems
- Design, develop and implement automation testing, data quality processes and requirements
- Execute and automate test cases, and track data issues
- Actively engage in data validation technology discovery and implementation for on-prem and cloud
- Develop scripts in SQL/Python/etc. to achieve data quality objectives
- Incorporate data quality standards and best practices into data pipelines
- Manage code versions in source control and coordinate changes across team
- Participate in architecture design and discussions
- Provide logical and physical data design, and database modeling
- Be part of the Agile team to collaborate and to help shape requirements
- Solve complex data issues around data integration, unusable data elements, unstructured data sets, and other data processing incidents
- Supports the development and design of the internal data integration framework
- Works with system owners to resolve source data issues and refine transformation rules
- Partner with enterprise teams, data scientist, architects to define requirements and solutions
- Have a B.A./B.S. and 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience; or an equivalent in education and experience
- 5 to 8 years of experience in highly technical data organization
- Hands on experience with programming languages such as SQL, Python, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Stack - SQL, SSIS, etc.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze, profile and validate data to identify potential data quality issues
- Experience with the Agile development process preferred
- Hands on data validation experience on AWS or Azure cloud technologies and no-sql databases
- Experience with big data environment and validation
- Proven track-record of excellence and consistently delivered tasks in hand successfully
- Experience with XML, JASON, CSV, etc. file format
- Have excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Manage financial information in a confidential and professional manner
- Be highly motivated and flexible
- Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously and pay close attention to detail
- Have experience in a multi-dimensional data environment
The Data QA will focus solely on the quality of the data and the execution of the projects.
- Automation experience (any automation tool is fine...they are trying to automate some of their data validation and manual testing)
- BI stack
- Not actually fixing the problems (the Data Engineers will do that), but they need to be able to understand/troubleshoot/analyze
- They will need to understand the bigger picture from an enterprise perspective (will be creating future best practices)
- Tools: MDM and SSIS
- Enterprise level experience: 5-10 terabytes
If interested in this role please contact
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178