Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title’s Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans.We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
Job Profile Summary
Reviews, analyzes, and ensures the quality of data loaded into database systems. Provides production job support from a quality perspective. Must be able to understand business rules, work with varying data formats, and develop metrics and audit procedures to monitor data quality. Understand, query and manipulate varying data and file formats. Identify, compare, and resolve data quality problems. Evaluate business impact of specific data quality issues. Measure and audit large volumes of varying data for quality issues. Works with multiple groups, including overseas groups, to resolve issues. Professionalism and timeliness is critical.
Open to physical location, but selected candidate will need to work out of a branch.
- Utilize tools to analyze, query and manipulate data according to defined business rules and procedures.
- Performs QC tests (system and visual) to verify data integrity.
- Assist in correcting minor data quality errors.
- Documents and works to resolve basic problems.
- May update/maintain database with reviewed and corrected data.
- Communicate issues to programmers to resolve data quality issues.
- Updates logs, tracks user requests, fulfills basic requests.
- Provides quality and responsive customer service.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Works under general supervision of more experienced Operations Quality team members.
- Uses expertise of more senior level Data Quality team members and leverages additional resources to confirm solutions.
- Actively contributes to the results of a team
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically has 1-3 years of directly related experience.
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.