With 2017 sales of $14 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 48,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at more than 1.3 million locations in more than 170 countries.
Ecolab is seeking a Data Science Intern to work on the cutting edge of decision science and analytics to identify solutions to some of the most challenging problems facing our most precious resources. This position will entail a variety of data analytics work in building out predictive models and algorithms for various types of applications in both business settings, as well as in R&D and product development areas. You’ll work side-by-side with industry recognized leaders in the areas of water safety and conservation, expected to innovate quickly and apply novel, data driven solutions to real-world challenges.
It’s time your talents took off – join our team and challenge yourself to create innovation data analytics solutions for real-world problems!
Positions located in Eagan, MN
- Work closely with data scientists and analysts to design and develop data mining and machine learning algorithms to solve the real problems.
- Participate in engagement and discovery sessions between data scientists to identify problems/gaps as well as innovation opportunities that can be solved or enabled by the data analytic and modeling.
- Implement and test models in a POC (proof of concept) scale to operationalize the outcomes of the predictive modeling and validate the results in the real-world.
- Be encouraged and expected to innovate and be creative in your data analysis, problem solving and presentation of solutions.
- Pursuing a Master’s Degree or PhD in Business Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Training and/or experience in data analytics/science areas, such as time series analysis, forecasting, classification, and regression analysis
- Experience with data analytics tools such as R, Statistica, MATLAB and SAS
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States, now or any time in the future
- Experience with database management technologies in the data analytics context.
- Effective oral communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team while handling multiple tasks or projects