Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Data Science Manager in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Data Science Manager is part of the Customer Engagement Analytics team within the Insights and Analytics department. The Manager is responsible for developing and translating analytical solutions to support the Sales and Marketing organizations with targeting healthcare providers for promotional activities. The Manager will be responsible for both the project management of targeting processes as well as the management of the analytical process from production to deployment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee the analytical process for determining the optimal sales force targets of healthcare providers across multiple brands
- Work closely with stakeholders within Insights and Analytics as well as the Sales and Marketing organizations to align on objectives and provide recommendations for the use of advanced analytics to guide data-driven decision making
- Leverage Astellas' RStudio Server analytical ecosystem to develop and deploy advanced statistical models to assess key drivers of marketing and/or sales impact
- Simulate the impact of future provider-focused marketing and/or sales activities to identify the optimal result
- Synthesize and communicate results to key stakeholders
- Develop and recommend promotional improvements (i.e., targeting, logistics, vendors, etc.) and suggests alternatives to better utilize resources.
- Analytic projects are issued in a timely manner and appropriately address team needs
- Manages multiple analysis projects varying in value (~$50K - $200K range)
- Identifies new data needs
- Works closely with data feeds from numerous vendors
Reports to Associate Director, CE Analytics and is an individual contributor.
This position requires close collaboration with Marketing and Sales leaders
- Minimum of 5 years statistical analysis and/or business analytics experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry and at least 3 years of statistical modeling experience.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees including senior management.
- Highly skilled in SQL and R.
- Ability to translate complex analytical processes to presentations for non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience using various statistical modeling techniques and their application within complex analytical projects (e.g., regression modeling, machine learning, promotion response modeling, etc.).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills and ability to effectively manage cross-functional projects.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- M.S. in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research or other quantitative discipline is preferred, or MBA with Marketing Analytics/Decision Science Concentration.
- Experience with analytics supporting sales force targeting and planning.
- Experience with managing multiple vendors to support projects.
- Experience using version control system to manage codebase, i.e., Git and CodeCommit
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical sales data sources, i.e., IQVIA and/or Symphony/SHA
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Commercial Operations