In this role, you will be set on a constant “treasure hunt” for new data sources to apply the latest techniques for modeling and data analysis. In this role you will be part of a team driving the profit and customer growth of this growing insurance agency.
You will work with internal and external data to understand and accurately predict:
- Shopping behavior;
- Retention behavior;
- Quote and conversion rates;
- Retention and lifetime customer value
- Contribution to overall margin;
- Customer satisfaction; and
- Other drivers of success you identify worthy of analysis.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- An advanced degree in mathematics, machine learning, economics, statistics or a related field.
- Knowledge of new and innovative modeling and statistical techniques – a relevant specialty is preferred.
- Detail orientation – attention and desire to work on large data “crunching” projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a proven ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative thinker with the ability to synthesize information from various sources and apply that information to concrete business problems.
- Ability to work with and understanding of the merits of various data structures.
- Proficiency with the latest modeling software and techniques , such as SAS, R, Python or Tableau .
- A bility to u nderstand the need to balance predictive power, interpretability, and ease of implementation.