Radiance Technologies is an employee-owned company with benefits that are unmatched by most companies in the Dayton, OH area. We offer highly competitive salaries, a relaxed work environment, flexible work schedules and a great benefits package that includes health/dental/life/vision insurance benefits, employee ownership, generous 401K and profit sharing, and educational reimbursement. Radiance Technologies is a great place to work and succeed in Dayton, Ohio.
Our Government customer has access to ever increasing stores of data with no real discernable way to quickly assess the value and implication of the data they have. As a result, Radiance Technologies is looking for a highly qualified Data Scientist to tools and techniques to make the data intelligible and relevant to their missions and operations. The data scientist will assist the engineers, analysts, and data providers to gain appropriate access to the data. The data scientist will build mathematical models to analyze data sets to identify meaningful patterns within the data. This scientist will create and implement algorithms that operate on the existing customer hardware to automate detection of patterns and enhance the capability to visualize and observe patterns in the data. The data scientist will also work with analysts, developers and data managers to implement data features, formats and supporting workflow processes.
- Master’s Degree or higher in statistics, mathematics, computer science, computer programming, physical science, or a relevant field.
- Active Secret security clearance
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in data integration, data mining, conditioning, mathematical modeling and analysis
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong Programming skills in Python or R
- Experience with data science tools such as numpy, pandas, keras, scikit-learn, pytorch, h2o or equivalent
- Experience building reports with Jupyter notebook, Matlab, Tableau or similar tool
- Training and experience in computer programming using Python, C++, R, and/or Interactive Data Language
- Training and experience in machine learning (ML) techniques such as k-NN, Naïve, Bayes, SVM, and Decision Forests