Washington, DC 20301
Security Clearance Requirement: Current Secret (at a minimum)
We are recruiting for a Data Scientist to work in support of DoD military readiness. Qualified candidates will have experience supporting military operations and/or operations research in direct support of DoD using data analysis and visualization programs such as R, Python, and Tableau. Experience with descriptive analytics is preferred. This position will work at the Pentagon.
Schedule note: The start date for this position is mid-July 2020.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the technical discipline and applies extensive expertise to perform research and analysis to aid understanding and decision support.
- Applies and/or develops advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts in related technical disciplines or in a specialty.
- Applies state-of-the-art data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis. Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- US Citizenship.
- Current Secret security clearance (minimum).
- 5+ years of related work experience with a bachelor's degree in a related discipline OR 3+ years of related work experience with a master's degree in a related discipline (master's can be substituted for two years of work experience).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct experience providing support to DoD as a military professional is preferred.
- Hands-on programming experience with a focus on statistical model building.
- Programming experience with R, Python, Java, Scala.
- Data engineering experience with SQL programming, NoSQL (Neo4J).
- Experience with data cleansing, data munging, metric development, and descriptive analytics.
- Modeling experience with mathematics, hyperparameter tuning, statistics, economics, predictive modeling, and prescriptive modeling.
- Experience with data analysis, visualization, and dashboard software such as: Tableau, Qlik, RShiny, Python Bokeh, PowerBI, low coding platforms (Mendix, Appian, PowerApps).
- Prior experience with project management responsibilities overseeing a task from inception through completion is desired.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Availability to start work on/about July 15, 2020.